Saturday 21st May

141/365: can someone tell me what this plant is called please? 
 

I've woken feeling much more human today and I think that the migraine has now lost this latest battle. 

I don't plan to do too much over the weekend but one thing I do need to give a bit of time to is my meal planning and shopping list for the next lot of batch cooking. I always used to keep a supply of meals/food that I can digest easily after a migraine on the days when I can't manage a normal meal and need to eat a few bites of something bland. I seem to have overlooked this need lately and again I didn't have anything suitable here this time so I want to rectify that and get some suitable choices in the freezer/cupboard. I'm aiming to do the batch cooking during the week so have time to add some things to the lists.

If the weather plays nicely I'd like to get out for a short walk each day but if not, I'll be very happy at home curled up with my latest book - The Law of Innocence by Michael Connelly. 

Comments

  1. Good to know you're feeling much better. Do have a nice restful weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I've spent most of the day reading and it's been lovely.

      Delete
  2. It's a lovely plant, whatever it is. Glad to hear that you are feeling better, but, sorry you didn't have your usual supply of easy to digest meals this time. Yes, definitely a situation to put to rights, as soon as you can! Hope you have a pleasant weekend with good weather, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get those meals sorted as a matter of priority. It's my own silly fault for running out of them, but at least it's something that's easy to sort out.

      It's been good so far, thanks Bless.

      Delete
  3. Glad that you are feeling a bit better.
    Wild guess about the plant, Euphorbia or one of its cousins?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole. I think Patio Postcards is right and it's creeping jenny but will check with M the gardener when she is here next.

      Delete
  4. If an annual plant it might be Lysimachia nummularia; common names include moneywort, creeping jenny, herb twopence and twopenny grass. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think you may be right. I'll ask M when she's here on Friday.

      Delete
  5. Have you tried the LeafSnap app - my go to source for identifying plants?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have but for this plant it give so many suggestions and I can't see one that looks exactly like my plant. I think Patio Postcards may be right and it's a creeping jenny but will check with my gardener when she's here next.

      Delete
  6. Glad your migraine has gone, I used to get them very often up to 10 years ago, but thankfully have only had 2 in the last 10 years. Enjoy your Michael Connelly Book, I see it is the 6th in the Mickey Haller Books. We have just watched The Licoln Lawyer Series 1 on Netflix and Bosch Legacy on Amazon Freeve, we enjoyed both of them, I do like Michael Connelly. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get them anywhere near as bad as I used to, thank goodness. Great to hear that yours seem to be a thing of the past ... that must be amazing.

      I finished the Michael Connelly book today - loved it. His books are always good. I didn't realise there was a series of them so will go back and read the others if the library has them ... thanks for the tip.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts