Thursday 26th May

146/365: clematis
 

My piano lesson went better than expected in the end. The focus was on all the extra exam bits - technical exercises, reading skills, duet, scales and finger skills - rather than the pieces, and the verdict was that I would get good marks with how I am currently playing them which is nice to hear. However, I always think that this part of any exam is worth the extra practice as, in a way, the marks are there for the taking so I have some things to work on in practice but we are now definitely nit-picking and aiming for full marks or as near as possible! In my next lesson I'll play through the three main pieces. That lesson may be next week or the week after as it's half term next week so C may take the week off.

We saw the film - Everything, Everywhere, All At Once - but there is no way I can possibly explain to anyone what it was about. I'm not sure that I'd actually recommend it either, though we both enjoyed it and there were lot of laugh out loud moments, but it was completely crazy. How anyone came up with that storyboard I have no idea!

I'm expecting delivery of a parcel this morning (which must be the hanging baskets) so once they've arrived and are safely hooked on their brackets, I'm going shopping to pick up some of the ingredients to make a start on the batch cooking. I'm starting with the veggie recipes, aiming to get three or four batches cooked and in the freezer today. 

Comments

  1. Lovely photo of a pretty clematis. Everything, Everywhere ... I really Like Michelle Yeoh, but IMO, not the best vehicle to show case her talents. I read that the movie is suppose to show us that it's not what life gives you, but what you give to life. Very encouraging words from C in your piano lessons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely an odd film! Personally, I think it was too crazy and confusing to filter that message from the film but can also see how people have reached that conclusion.

      I was chuffed by C's assessment of my playing. 😊

      Delete
  2. Hi Eileen,
    Congratulations on your good results on the piano!
    I hope that everything else goes as you like.
    Pretty flower!
    Hugs,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime, I'm pleased with the progress I've made so far.

      Delete
  3. The Clematis is so beautiful. I admire anyone batch cooking. Any time I try, it goes wrong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely but unfortunately is a very small plant being only about 2 - 3 feet tall.

      Batch cooking is worth the effort for me and makes management of my meals so much easier, especially on the days I don't feel well. It took me quite a few months to get the hang of it when I first started though and it did keep going wrong so it's worth persevering.

      Delete
  4. Lovely flower! Sounds like you are making great progress with your piano lessons and I hope get top marks when you go for your test! You've certainly worked for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I've tailed off on the practice during the last couple of weeks but am back on track now thankfully. I'd forgotten how much effort goes in to preparing for an exam!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts