Weekly Reflections

149/365: part of the 'tutti frutti' hanging basket
 

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • phoning, texting and emailing with family and friends
  • enjoying an afternoon at the cinema with L to see Everything Everywhere All At One
  • agreeing the next stage of the garden development with M, and
  • abandoning our 'no new plants' policy, which leads on to ...
  • ... enjoying looking for new plants 
  • swapping some more pots with my sister, which moves me a step closer to achieving the look I want in the garden
  • making some more progress on the decluttering and starting to think about what I will do to celebrate when it is all finally finished
  • seeing the list for this year's Summer Photo Scavenger Hunt

I am grateful ...
  • to be gifted another pile of books from my sister
  • to be able to share the cost of the garden waste collection with neighbours T & S
  • for M's hard work and her generosity in sharing her knowledge

Lifestyle changes
  • daily walk. Achieved  
  • daily knee strengthening. Achieved 

Comments

  1. I love your ';buying new plants' policy - much more achievable and enjoyable! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, definitely much more enjoyable! xx 😀😀

      Delete
  2. A good idea to abandon your no new plants policy. Your tutti frutti hanging basket is gorgeous. I visited a lovely garden centre last week and looking for new plants is very enjoyable I do agree. What a good idea sharing the cost of the garden waste collection with your neighbour, I begrudge paying for ours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hanging baskets were a belated Christmas gift from friends (although I actually placed the order). They are pretty although these were pre-planted and I would have preferred to just buy the plants and plant my own baskets up. It was a lovely gift though, so I shouldn't complain.

      I'm not at all impressed with the price increase for the green waste collection. I thought it was too expensive before but now it's just ridiculous ... I'm so glad to be sharing the cost with T&S.

      Delete
  3. The hanging basket looks great! I like the assortment of colors.
    Another good week with lots of things to be cheerful and grateful about. I had to laugh as the new plant policy! You did wonder how long the no new plants policy was going to last! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I think it's my favourite of the baskets so far. The policy didn't last long at all did it? Never mind 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts