Cousins Reunited!

the venue for the U3A new members coffee morning
 

As I expected, the 40 minute Zoom meeting with my cousins wasn't long enough so we ended up resetting the link four times! Most of the time was spent chatting, which was great, but we ran out of time to really discuss the family tree research. However I was able to let them know some of the information I'd discovered about our common ancestor but that was about all. Interestingly, reading some of my notes out to them made me realise that the information in the hospital record where this common ancestor died actually gives me two more avenues to investigate, so that may open up the hunt for more details. We're looking into the possibility of meeting up over the Easter holidays, not so much for research but just to spend time together and share family stories.

This will be a short post as I'm pushed for time today. I've been called into the optician to have my eyes checked again. I'm not sure why as I'm not experiencing any problems but it's not worth the risk to ignore the appointment. I'll be back tomorrow with the rest of the stuff I wanted to write about but don't have time!

Comments

  1. It's exciting when we find a way forward with our family tree. I hope you discover more on the two new avenues you have to look at. I look forward to hearing how you get on. I am currently stuck on one area of my family tree, but I have gone in a different direction looking at the siblings. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your appointment goes OK, last night sounds like loads of fun x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a fun Zoom call with your cousins! Hope the eye appointment goes well and it is just a routine check and nothing too serious. Glad they are making sure that everything is being monitored.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be nice to meet up with your cousins face to face. I hope your appointment at the opticians goes well and it's just a routine check xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A 'real' meet up sounds lovely and I do hope it comes off. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't look *exactly* like coffee. Perhaps you shouldn't drive there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like my kind of venue!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts