The Newbie's Coffee Morning

frosty leaves
 

I've been invited to the newbies' coffee morning that's taking place this morning. It's organised by the U3A as a way of allowing all the recent new members to meet and get to know each other, and to make sure we all know how to get the most out of the groups etc. (I think!). JF, the membership secretary will be there with her husband to facilitate the meeting and I think it'll be a pleasant morning. It'll definitely be nice to meet some more people.

That'll take up most of the morning so I have the afternoon free to do whatever I fancy and this evening will be taken up with the Zoom meeting with my cousins about the family tree. Our recent messaging has piqued my interest in the family tree again so I may well do some more research during the afternoon. We'll be looking at the paternal side of my family tonight (their maternal side), so I may continue with my own maternal line and see if I can get past the sticking point which made me stop last time ... sometimes a break from looking at the same names and dates is all you need to get going again! 

Comments

  1. It sounds like a lovely day. Good luck with the Zoom meeting - I hope you can see the way forward (or do I mean back?) Anyway, it should be useful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coffee morning sounds like it will be fun. I hope the zoom meeting tonight goes well. I agree about the family tree and brick walls making one lose interest. Joy's comment made me smile, I always think it's onwards and upwards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The U3A sounds well organized. Good luck with the Zoom meeting & finding more details & connections in your family tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those frosty leaves look like an alien life form!
    I'm sure you enjoyed the Newbie's Coffee Morning and hope the Zoom meeting went well. Have fun researching your family tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the U3A meeting went well and you met lots of new people. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the research - it's always fascinating to make the connections

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope both the newbies meeting and any family research you have time to do resulted in pleasant new discoveries.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts