Saturday Plans

signs of spring 

I have to start with an apology for not responding to your comments or visiting your blogs and I promise I will catch up over the weekend.

The eye appointment turned out to have been issued in error. The optician couldn't understand why I was there as he wasn't expecting to see me until July so eventually I was sent on my way. It's a bit annoying as it wasted a good chunk of my morning but better that than not being called in for an examination.

I was home in time to have a coffee before Kate arrived to work out a solution for a quick and easy way for everyone to view all the photos on my tablet at my new photo group. I had a couple of ideas but not how to make them work but she came up with a very simple solution which even the technically challenged in the group should be able to do!

It's my piano lesson today. I'll pick up a few bits of shopping on the way home and then I'll be sorted for the weekend. I have some family tree things to do following the chat with my cousins so I'd like to get that all sorted and emailed off as soon as I can. I also want to look at the cost of a hotel in the Torbay area at Easter ... I've been told I can stay with one of my cousins but I'd also like to spend some time with a friend who lives in that area and I could also arrange to meet with L&P as it's not too far from their patch, so I think it's better to make my own arrangements. 

Comments

  1. Glad to read that the eye appointment was made in error and not due to some newly discovered problem! Even if it took a good chunk of your time which must have been very annoying. Glad you got the photo viewing situation sorted out, too. :)
    Hope your piano lesson goes well, today (no reason why it shouldn't because you are so good at practicing!) and you have a wonderful rest of the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The optician was really surprised when I walked in! I'm waiting to start my piano as I type this. I practiced every day but still can't play a couple of bars so it's going to be a tough lesson! xx

      Delete
  2. Those bulbs are a welcome sight. I hope the lesson goes well today. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, aren't they. Some of the pots of bulbs aren't doing so well though. Thanks re the lesson xx

      Delete
  3. I'm pleased the appointment was made in error but very annoying for you and a waste of your time. That will be fun hosting your new photo group and having discovered an easy way to share your photos. It will be so nice to enjoy an Easter break meeting with family and friends xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was frustrating but at least I know I am in the system, so that part was reassuring. I'm hoping the new group will work out .... there's plenty of interest but most people need it to be on a different day! I'm hoping we can work out the meeting at Easter. One of them has to travel from Suffolk with her three children so it all depends on her being able to make it ... keeping my fingers crossed that it works out. xx

      Delete
  4. Spring is popping up here, loads of bulbs showing, we have a few snowdrops, and my peony has buds as well. It's on it's way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an exciting time isn't it. It's lovely to see the garden waking up especially after the snow and frosts ... glad your peony made it through. xx

      Delete
  5. That must have been a big relief, despite also being annoying. Phew. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My experience is that sometimes if you are doing a lot of travelling and meeting with a lot of different people, is that sometimes you need somewhere that's just for you to go to and decompress. The bulbs are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so excited to see some daffodils pushing up through the dead leaves in the woods where I walk. It's really early, but I'm not complaining!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts