It's Monday, and I'm Feeling Better!

snowdrops

I feel so much better today. I had a good night's sleep and have woken feeling refreshed rather than tired, but I still plan to take it easy so am looking forward to another quietish day.

I have a personal training session booked for this morning so I will go to that and see how I get on. I've been in touch with Amy and she knows how I've been feeling so it will be an easy and undemanding session, assuming I do any of it. My main reason for wanting to go is that we're fast approaching the start of her maternity break with baby due on April 1st so it's a bit of an unknown as to when she will actually stop the sessions and I want to give her the gift I've bought ... a change of plan and I bought this sleepsuit instead of my sister knitting a blanket.

The rest of the day is free to do whatever I want. There's nothing in the diary so it'll be another day at home in the warm keeping myself out of mischief. I have the crochet to continue with, a book to finish, the piano pieces to practice, and there's always the TV to watch so I have plenty of choice. At some stage I do need to think about replenishing my homecooked freezer meals but that's unlikely to be done today, though I may do a bit of meal planning in preparation. 

Comments

  1. I absolutely LOVE that sleepsuit! So cute.
    I'm sure Amy will be just as good as Lindsey at adapting and working to how you feel. There's absolutely no point pushing things much; it won't help and might very well put you back again.
    As you say - plenty of quiet, satisfying, homey things to do. I love a bit of meal planning!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it. I couldn't resist it when I saw it and Amy loves it. I had a really easy workout this morning and do feel better for it, though I think there will be a few aches tomorrow! We didn't do any weights today, just concentrated more on moving and stretching. I haven't done the meal planning so that that's a job for later in the week. I'm going to buy two new cookbooks with my Christmas tokens so will pick some new recipes to try this time. xx

      Delete
    2. New cook books - definitely one of my happy places. I wonder which ones you will get. xx

      Delete
    3. I'm interested in the new Slimming Eats one and also Slimming Foodie (I think that's the right name). I want one that has plenty of Instant Pot recipes. xx

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're feeling so much better. She will love the Harry Potter sleepsuit for her little Muggle :) Enjoy your day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. Amy loved the sleepsuit ... I thought she would! Hope you have a good day too. xx

      Delete
  3. So glad to hear that you are feeling better. The snowdrops are very pretty; did you ever figure out what that plant was, that we all thought looked a bit like a snowdrop but the leaves were too thick? It was a tiny plant, you said. I think you came across it last spring, if I'm not mistaken.
    Amy will love that little sleepsuit and I hope your session with her will go well. Glad the rest of the day is free so you can come home and rest as needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. No I didn't identify it but most commenters thought it was a tiny summer snowflake. Amy did like the sleepsuit and I'm glad I chose that rather than a blanket. It was a good session today, much easier than usual but just right for the first session after being ill. I've had a relaxing day and apart from the personal training have done very little. xx

      Delete
  4. The sleepsuit is so cute. Glad you are feeling better. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist it when I saw it. Thanks Helen, I am feeling much better now thankfully xx

      Delete
  5. Snuggle This Muggle - what a perfect saying & could apply to any age. Cute gift. Glad to read you are feeling better & that your sleep is refreshing you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect isn't it. Those words are on lots of merchandise but I opted for the sleepsuit.

      Thanks, I'm relieved to be feeling better again. xx

      Delete
  6. I am so so glad that you're feeling better. I hope that you can take the time to rest as it can take a while to come back from a bug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. I have a fairly easy week so will have plenty of time to rest every day, don't worry xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts