Monday

The decorator has started work, I've collected my car, and I'm feeling better ... today should be a better day.

I've completed my walk for the day, a combination of a quick trip to the canal, a detour to the shop on the way back and finished off with a few circuits of the garden.


Today's photo gives an indication of the state of the garden! I had plenty of choice ... the dandelions are thriving. There's not much I can do around the house this week so, providing it doesn't rain, this week's tasks will be to clear some of the garden and to read the book for the next book group meeting. 

Comments

  1. Great photo. My garden is shivering, weeds & all. Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s not too warm here but I think it’s much colder where you are. I didn’t make it into the garden so the dandelions live for another day ... which is just as well now that I’ve seen the SPSH list!

      Delete
  2. What is that saying 'one mans weed is another mans flower' obviously the dandelions think they are beautiful flowers and I have to admit when they go to seed and look like little clocks I think they are their most beautiful.

    Mitzi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved photographing them but just don’t want them in my garden!

      Delete
  3. Glad you are feeling better! It was my turn to have car trouble, yesterday - a dead battery! But, I was able to get it jump started and charged. I just need to remember to start it more often and drive for longer than I have been doing, recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I have a similar problem now I'm not working so have to remember to do a reasonable length drive every 7 to 10 days.

      Delete
  4. We have the same dandelion problem :-( Go outside every day to pick of the flowering heads, and any other buds we can see, but still miss a few and don't notice until they have gone to seed. When the ground is softer I am going to have to have a digging up weeds session.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that’s the problem I have. It’s clay soil and too hard to dig at present.

      Delete
    2. I am absolutely blessed with our soil here, but it is very dry. The river levels are so low compared to where they should be at this time of year. Worrying.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts