Wednesday

It's been one of those days which started badly but has improved as the hours have passed. 

On the way home from the book group last night the engine warning light flashed on the dashboard so I'm currently without a car. I phone the garage this morning and have stressed that I've driven less than 15 miles since the annual service and that I expect a speedy resolution. From being told that they couldn't fit me in for two weeks I wore them down and am now taking the car in tomorrow morning and will also have a courtesy car to tide me over. 

This meant that I only had to manage for today without a car ... the one day I needed to get to Bath as I had a ticket for an afternoon performance of Fiddler on the Roof at the Theatre Royal. So, my first train ride in a while!


The show was an production by the Bath Operatic and Dramatic Society but it was excellent. I saw their previous production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert so I knew the standard would be good and I wasn't disappointed.

Tonight it's our monthly Girls' Night In, so I'm waiting for them to turn up, order the takeaway and then settle down to watch the film.

Comments

  1. I'm glad you are able to get your car in sooner than later, Eileen, and you'll have a courtesy car, as well. Hope this additional check up doesn't end up costing you more!

    It's good that you were able to take the train to the theater and back! Glad you enjoyed the performance. Hope you are enjoying a fun evening with your friends (it's 11:00 a.m. Wed. as I type this and I believe London is 8 hrs. ahead of us)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that it's related to the recent service in some way and that it isn't going to cost me anything! The car is still under warranty so if it's not to do with the service then hopefully it is something that is covered by the warranty.

      Delete
  2. Glad you were able to get to the musical & that you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was brilliant and well worth the effort to get there. Trains and taxis are expensive!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts