Tuesday

Late last night I had a flying visit from H, a friend who is very 'in' to kitchen gadgets, gets bored with them and then passes them on to friends. So far I've refused anything on the ground that the gadget is too big for my kitchen. As to be expected, she didn't arrive empty handed and I am now the proud owner of this egg cooker!


It's small enough to fit into one of the narrow top cupboards so I didn't have an excuse to refuse on the grounds of size, but I have never felt the need to own an egg cooker. I really do sound like an ungrateful brat don't I? Anyway, we tried it out, cooking up some hard boiled eggs and it was quick and easy but then, so is doing them in a pan on the hob. The thing that made me agree to keep it was the steam vent on the top ... I fail miserably at capturing steam in a photograph but I think with this gadget I may be successful. Possibly not the right reason for owning an egg cooker but ... !

I had quite a disturbed night due to my cold and woke this morning to discover I have absolutely no voice and that it's very painful to breathe, so an early trip to see the duty doctor and one prescription later, I'm home and back in the warm. It's raining out and fairly chilly so I'm not too upset about being confined indoors again. I don't really have any plans for the rest of the day and will just see how I feel. I'm supposed to do 20 minutes walking today so if I can do that, it'll be done by walking around the house rather than going out.

Comments

  1. How kind of H ... I've read a lot about egg cookers & all was positive, so I think you may have a gem in your kitchen. Does it do soft boil? I never have much success with getting the timing right on a soft boil, either too runny or too solid & nowhere to dip the toast soldiers! Hoping for a speedy recovery to the cold ... I have the start of another one!!! That's it no more "peace" at church!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does hard, medium or soft boil, cooking a maximum of 7 eggs at a time. Also 2 poached eggs and/or a 3 egg omelette. I’ve cooked up a few hard boiled eggs this morning and my only complaint about the cooker is that there is no audible indication that the cooking time is complete so you have to stay near the machine to watch for the light going out. I think I’ll get quite a bit of use from it so all in all a lovey gift.

      Sorry to hear that you have another cold ... hoping that you have s speedy recovery xx

      Delete
  2. Boa tarde Eileen,
    Imagine que não conhecia essa máquina de cozer ovo!
    Uma máquina interessante que pode dar uma boa ajuda, mas não é imprescindível;))!!
    Boas melhoras para o seu resfriado.
    Abraços,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation: Good afternoon Eileen, Imagine you did not know this egg-baking machine! An interesting machine that can give a good help, but it is not a must;)) !! Good improvements for your cold.Hugs,Ailime

      Hi Ailime, I agree that the egg cooker is not essential but I think I'll probably use it regularly enough to make it worth keeping.

      Delete
  3. I am glad you went to see the doctor and got a prescription. Those colds have a nasty way of turning into bronchitis if one is not careful. Definitely stay indoors and either walk around the house or, since you went walking yesterday, when it was a day of rest, maybe switch things around a bit? Hope you feel better soon.

    I didn't even know they had such things as egg cookers, but, glad you received one just in time for Easter! Now you just need to boil some eggs in it and dye them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Egg cookers are a new thing to me too. I wouldn’t have bought one but am grateful for the gift and will use it regularly, at least until the novelty wears off !

      I’m feeling much better today now that the medication is working it’s magic so may manage to go out for a walk later, just to get some fresh air.

      Delete
  4. Oh dear - get well soon! I too have had a stupid recurring sensation of getting ill every fortnight or so for the last three/four months. What's going on?!
    Your comments about the egg cooker made me laugh. I never even knew there was such a thing! I suppose I see more point in it now I know it does more than just boiled eggs, but...! Enjoy the new humidifier! (Maybe you could try adding a few drops of essential oil... Shut up Ella.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike! That thought passed through my mind but it doesn’t create steam for long enough to make it worthwhile. 😂

      Delete
  5. Take care of yourself and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts