Sunday

I forgot to mention yesterday’s joyful activity which was playing the flugelhorn. This is the instrument I learned on and I’ve borrowed it from the band for a bit of fun, and I may even play it with the band from time to time. It'll be more of the same for today's joyful activity!



If I can summon up the energy I will do some bulk cooking this morning. I'm having a roast chicken dinner, so that's the oven tied up. I have the ingredients to cook a pea and ham soup which I'll do on the hob and then use the slow cooker for a lentil and vegetable soup. The ActiFry will see service cooking either a chilli or a curry ... I still have to decide. K stayed overnight so all of this depends on what time she gets up as I've offered to drive her home.

I'm not sure what the weather is doing today. It's looking like a grey overcast day at the moment, but at least it's not raining. It's not ideal conditions for the photographs I have in mind so I may leave the camera at home and just go for a walk this afternoon. Then providing it stays dry, I'll aim for an hour or so in the garden to do some tidying up. 

Comments

  1. I hope it turns out to be a nice, sunny day, Eileen. How is your scratchy throat today? Much better, I hope? I hope you have a lovely day and enjoy playing your instrument.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've haven't get rid of the scratchy throat completely but it is much better, thanks Bless. I'm hoping I've managed to avoid it developing into anything nasty!

      I had a great time playing the flugel - I love the sound almost as much as I love the sound of the tenor horn (my principal instrument).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts