Hawthorn's April Scavenger Hunt

Today's the day we post our collection of photos for Hawthorn's monthly scavenger hunt. 

Edge ... the edge of the land where it meet the sea, this a photo from my archives taken at Trevose Head in Cornwall, just as a sea mist was rolling in.





Loaf ... very tempting to eat but I'm following the Slimming World eating plan, so this loaf was eaten by friends to save me from myself! 




Bridge ... at Farleigh Hungerford, just over the border in Somerset. If you follow the road over the bridge and drive up the hill you arrive at Farleigh Hungerford Castle, one of the many ruins in this area and once the home of one of the Magna Carta barons.




Mine ... this is Minehole Lake, once the site of iron ore open cast mining and now used for recreation by fishermen and a local sailing club.




Black ... a silhouette of the view from my back garden ... enjoying the sunset!





Own Choice ... another photo from the archives taken on the same holiday as the lighthouse photo. I found this when I was looking for the lighthouse photo and it's a timely reminder to me that I need to get out and about and start taking the sort of photos I plan but never get round to taking ... no more excuses!



Many thanks to Kate for organising the hunt every month.

Comments

  1. your sunset silhouette photo is clever - nice one, but I have hankering for the sea so your first and last really grabbed me - thankyou for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I’m longing to spend some time by the sea again; it’s been too long so I’ll be heading that way soon.

      Delete
  2. All really nice finds. My favourite photo is of the bridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the bridge as well ... lots of happy memories of (wild) swimming in that river.

      Delete
  3. Love the first and last ones, they are gorgeous. I love being by the sea so these really grab me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was fun looking through my archives to rediscover these.

      Delete
  4. Love your coastal/seaside photos and that of the bridge too. Great choices:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I want t say has already been said, ie love the bridge and the sea photos! I would have helped you save yourself by eating some of that lovely loaf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they definitely seem to be the favourites. Apparently the bread was lovely and I’m sure you would have enjoyed it too 😂

      Delete
  6. Beautiful colour sea at Trevose Head. I am hoping to be just down the coast from here SOOOOOON

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Cornwall so I’m rather envious that you’ll be there soon.

      Delete
  7. Clever black picture for the sunset.
    The boat is so serene and peaceful.
    Great collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. The boat photo is one of my favourites.

      Delete
  8. Very pretty photos especially the watery ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shazza, it seems that the watery ones are the most popular.

      Delete
  9. I really enjoyed your selection today, thank you.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done for all the pictures but I'm with Kate - your first and last are definitely favourites :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne. I love water scenes and from the comments, it seems that most others do too!

      Delete
  11. What beautiful and neat photos! So many places that your pictures make us feel like visiting! Greetings from France!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many beautiful photos! So hard to say which one would be my favourite, but I'm thinking the silhouette.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts