Sunday

I can't decide on what to do today. I've completed my walking (15 minutes), have tidied round, and now .... don't know. I can't seem to settle to anything and I don't know if I'd be better going out or staying in. I think visiting anyone is out of the question as the cold I've been keeping at bay for the past few days has fought back and I have the sniffles so I don't want to pass it on. 

at last, the hydrangea is proving it is still alive with plenty of new leaves!

It's not that warm out so although the garden needs my attention, it's not getting it today! As I'm writing this I can see that I'm in a 'feeling sorry for myself' mood so I need to snap out of it ... first a soak in the bath, then find a film to watch ... that sounds like a plan!

Comments

  1. A Pity Party - I have them sometimes and, while a bit can be helpful, the tendency is to wallow and then it needs pushing away, I think. I hope both the bath and the film were great.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s okay, I gave myself a good talking to and have cheered up! The bath was relaxing and just what I needed, and then I pottered around the house and garden doing little bits here and there. xx

      Delete
  2. (((HUGS))) Eileen. I'm glad the bath helped and you found things to do. I hope the cold gets better, soon. I was in a feeling sorry for myself period when I started writing my gratitude lists. It was a time when I could have listed at least 100 things to feel sorry about, when it came to myself! I was in a very dark place and this was years before I had cancer. I challenged myself to come up with 100 things to be grateful for, instead. Starting with being alive. It took me a while, but the more I listed, the more I found to list! These days, I limit myself to the daily 5, but, even that helps to remind me how blessed I am. Some of those things I felt sorry for myself about still remain, but now, I am more aware of the positives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that feeling under the weather with the cold combined with a few things on my mind that I still need to come to move forward with, led to my misery fest today. I’ve responded to the warning signs and reached an important decision today, part of which I’ll talk about later in the week.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts