Lifestyle Goals: Monthly Review

It's been a relatively good month with some progress.

Health and Fitness. I've sort of started the Slimming World plan but am not yet following the plan 100%. Even so, I've lost 5lbs so far, probably all loss of fluid, but the scales are heading in the right direction so I'm counting it as a successful start.

I've bought a cookbook which will help enormously and I think that for the time being I will carry on as I am. If I continue to lose weight steadily then the changes I've made are fine but if not, I have the option of following SW 100%. 

I have been more active with a few very short and easy walks, and through moving and sorting stuff in the home and garage. However it's not enough so now the better weather is here I'll be out for a walk every day, starting with a 10 minute walk and gradually building up over the weeks until I'm doing 30 minutes every day. I did it before so there's no reason why I can't do it again. 

The best and biggest change has been to make a conscious effort to decide on a joyful activity for the next day so that I wake every morning looking forward to carrying out whatever I have chosen to do. The idea came from Bless who mentioned that her daughter had suggested the idea of a daily joyful activity and I am so grateful to both of them as this has made such a positive impact on my mental health ... it can only get better from here on. 

Time Management. Somehow, although I'm not quite sure how(!), things are getting done on time and I haven't been leaving everything to the last minute. My daily routine is evolving naturally, rather than being planned, and everything seems to be slotting in nicely. On most weekdays the walking, sorting, chores, and decluttering happens in the morning and the rest of the day is mine to do as I choose. Weekends are left completely free apart from band sessions on a Saturday morning. I've changed that around on some days to go out on morning photography walks but have picked up where I left off the next day. Maybe this change to stay on top of things is to do with the fact that it's all so much easier now that most of the decluttering is finished.

Decluttering/Organising. I'm still waiting for the local company to respond about the audio equipment so I need to contact them to see what is happening, but I have sold quite a few smaller items and have cleared other things to the charity shop and to the skip. This month I want to concentrate on getting rid of the remainder of the things that take up a lot of room, i.e. a couple of pieces of furniture, books, and instruments. The doll's house also has to go but I need to do some research on the best way/place to advertise it so that may not happen this month.

My five tasks for March were:
  1. Sort out 31 items to send to the charity shop DONE
  2. Photograph 31 items, ready for sale DONE
  3. Find all things I want to keep and find places for them around the house STARTED
  4. Package up the remaining things to return to my late partner's family and post the package I HAVEN'T FOUND EVERYTHING YET BUT THE BITS I HAVE FOUND ARE BOXED READY
  5. Organise the sale of the old audio equipment STARTED

My five tasks for April are:
  1. Take rubbish to the skip
  2. Place adverts for at least 25 items (to include the furniture)
  3. Finish organising the cupboards in the playroom
  4. Update my 'When I'm Gone' folder
  5. Find the remaining items, package up the things to return to my late partner's family, and post the package

Comments

  1. What a successful month! I think much of the SW plan is a sort of ethos rather than in tablets of stone and it sounds as if you have grabbed this with both hands. Well done with your success so far.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very productive month in all things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Makes me feel quite fulfilled just reading about your achievements! Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did very well with your goals, this month! Congratulations on the weight loss and all the other positive things you've accomplished. I'm so glad that the daily joyful activities is helping you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are being awesome. If things are evolving naturally then they are more likely to 'stick'. Sending good vibes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts