Tuesday

I've completely underestimated how long it is going to take to print out the new music for the band. It's not a major problem in that the children have plenty of music in their folders so progress will still be made but I want the job over and done with. I purchased 21 bundles of music which were delivered via download and now need to be printed; each bundle contains about 6 pieces of music and each piece has to have the 17 different instrument parts and the conductor's score printed out. This all then needs to be photocopied so that we end up with the requisite number of copies for each section of the band (I use a local business for this part!) and then collated into packs ready to be issued to the players.

I need to buy some more ink and printer paper and then get on with it. It's going to keep me busy for a few days but the beauty of this system is that we can legally photocopy the music so always have enough copies for every child.



Tonight is the book group meeting, to discuss 'The Storyteller' by Jodi Picoult. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone as it's been a while since the last meeting and this will be my first opportunity to sound out the interest, if any, in starting up the Sci-Fi and Fantasy Book Group. 

Apart from that, I don't have much else planned for today. The printing is the priority and I'll either read or do a puzzle book in between pressing the print button ... otherwise it gets a bit boring!

Comments

  1. Good luck in getting it all printed, you sound very organised with it all. I've never read anything by Jodi Picoult but I know a few people who enjoy her books. I just wanted to thank you for the lovely comment you left on my last post about the death of my mum, it was very much appreciated and helped so much to know that people were thinking of me at this sad time xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the Jodi Picoult book so will look for some more of her work to add to my ever growing pile of books to read!

      Delete
  2. That is a lot of printing ... you are such a dedicated teacher. I will be interested to know if your book club liked the Jodi Picoult book, I know I've read at least 1 of her books. Good luck in pitching your idea for a Sci-Fi & Fantasy book club or at the very least adding 1-2 of these types of books to the reading list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was enough interest in the new genre to consider starting another group, which I'm pleased about. The group scored the Picoult book at 9.5 out of 10.

      Delete
  3. The printing sounds like a lot of work! Hope you can get it done, soon. I also hope you get reimbursed for the cost of the ink and paper, etc. Enjoy the book club meeting. Hope you find a lot of interest for the Sci-Fi & Fantasy book club, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the band will reimburse me for expenses so that's not a problem. The book meeting was 'interesting' - two new members who don't quite fit in, one of whom kept interrupting when someone else is speaking, so it was quite a trying night!

      Delete
  4. I used to find all that took a lot longer than I expected too. I never really learned either! However, once done, it's done and that will be satisfying.
    How are you feeling now?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm much better thanks Joy. I'm glad I'm not the only one who never learns and continually underestimates the time and effort involved in printing, photocopying and collating ... for some strange reason, that makes me feel much better about tackling the job!

      Delete
  5. Goodness, I never knew sorting music was so complicated.

    Unlike someone who can play 12 instruments {*respect!*}, I have no musical ability whatsoever, and therefore no knowledge of how this all goes together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts