Thursday

This was going to be today's joyful activity, sorting out the rest of the pots ...



... but it's raining so instead I will be watching this ...


We were supposed to watch this on Tuesday night for our film evening but we chatted instead. I'm the only one who has never seen it so J left the DVD for me and we'll choose another film for next time.

Thankfully my car got through the service with no additional costs over and above the extra £100 they sprang on me. I ended up walking to the nearest pub for some lunch; ten minutes walk each way so that was my exercise for the day, although the curry I'd eaten for lunch may have negated any weight loss benefits from the walking! I used to go there regularly with Ced (for an evening meal), but I haven't been for years so was delighted to see that their lunch menu has a good selection and is very cheap, so I will suggest to friends that we add it to our list of places to eat. Back at the garage I indulged in plenty of free coffees and biscuits (cookies) and eventually got home at about 2pm, so three hours for a service which should have taken half that time.

It's a shame it's raining because I'd like to have driven over to Lacock - they're filming for the third Fantastic Beasts film and the local paper reported that Johnny Depp was seen walking around the Abbey and the village yesterday. 

I've fallen behind with commenting so will do my best to catch up before the weekend.

Comments

  1. Well in spite of the rain, it looks like you have a good day planned. Today we had our car's oil changed along with the tires rotated & I was nervous of any surprises - none. Alan Rickman as an alien ... that photo on the cover makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT's a good film if you haven't seen it yet ... lots of laughs. Alan Rickman was brilliant!

      Delete
  2. That's a nice collection of pots and planters! Too bad it's raining, but, I'm glad you have an alternative joyful activity, planned. :) I'm glad your car got serviced without any additional charges and you were able to rediscover a nice place for curry. Hope your day is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have rain forecast for the next week so I won't be getting much, if any, gardening done in the near future. I had a lovely cosy day at home and have planned the same for today.

      Delete
  3. I love that film! I'm glad you escaped the garage without too many extra charges.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts