Friday

First, an update on my car. It's good news ... it's a faulty sensor on the exhaust system which monitors the emissions. That has to be replaced and then the entire system has to be upgraded. It all sounds very expensive but thankfully is covered by the warranty so I don't have to pay a penny! It should be ready later today and I can keep the courtesy car until I collect mine.

I'm expecting a couple of visitors to view and hopefully buy a couple of the items I've advertised. S will be here at lunchtime to do the cleaning, and this afternoon I'm hoping to get some practice in ... it's the annual band mini concert to parents tomorrow and I haven't played my tenor horn since we finished for the holiday. I have been playing the flugelhorn which is the problem so I need to have a quick play to settle back to the more relaxed embouchure of the horn.


This is the current decluttering project. It's not all mine (she says defensively!) as some of it belongs to band and some is for the lending library I want to create at band. I play 12 instruments so have music for every one but now I've made the decision to sell some of the instruments, a lot of this can be sold or donated. 

Apart from that, which I doubt I will finish today, my only other 'must do' task is to iron my uniform for tomorrow. As well as the concert we have arranged for a photographer to take a formal photo of the band, so I want to look my best!!

Comments

  1. I can go no further than being stunned that you can play 12 different instruments - WOW AMAZING BRILLIANT. I am most envious of your gift. I cannot even whistle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't whistle either if that's any consolation!

      Delete
  2. 12 instruments.Amazing.My 11 year old granddaughter plays oboe,recorder, guitar and clarinet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As others have said, 12 instruments! Wow! That's amazing! I can barely play the piano, myself, but, I can whistle! :D

    Very good news about the car! Such a blessing that it is covered by the warranty and you don't have to pay!

    I hope the people coming to see the items will buy them.

    I hope the rest of your day goes well and you have a fun time at the band concert, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the car now won’t be ready until Monday and the items didn’t sell. Apart from that it’s been a good day and I’m ready and looking forward to the concert tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. Good for you with the decluttering! I find it very difficult. I'm trying to sort through things, but I seem more attached than I should be! I'm glad the car was covered by warranty. It does sound as though it would be very expensive. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm emotionally attached to a lot of the things that need to go and which I know I don't really want but ... can't let them go. I've found that each time I try to address the issue, I reach the stage where slowly I begin to let things go, but it's definitely been a journey!

      Delete
  5. Lucky the car is under warranty, sounds expensive! It cannot be easy to decide to sell your instruments, good luck selling the music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've struggled with letting the instruments go but now that I'm not teaching I don't need most of them. The majority of the woodwind instruments are going and I'm just keeping the flute and a couple of recorders so I can play along with my great nieces when they visit.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts