Friday


Friends will be arriving this evening, each clutching a quick to play board or card game that they think/hope will be new to the others, so before they get here I'm reminding myself of the rules of Quizzle as I haven't played it in ages. They should also be clutching a bowl of food as we are doing a bring and share meal; this time I'm providing jacket potatoes, tea and coffee, plus fruit if anyone wants it. 

In the meantime, I'm on a bit of a roll with the current bit of decluttering so I don't plan to stop because it is Good Friday. I've been sorting through the rest of the music books and have reduced them by two thirds - I'm keeping only the piano books, some brass books for my own level of playing and a few easier ones for the children I'm currently teaching so I have a variety of pieces for when they need additional practice before moving to the next level. All of the flute books are going to Little Miss C but will stay here for now as she isn't starting flute lessons for a while. The rest will either be donated to the charity shop or given to the band as I'd like to create a 'lending library' to encourage practice. I have now created space in the music room cupboards, which means that once I've reorganised everything there be enough room to move some of my camera kit downstairs (which is where I've always wanted it to be).

Comments

  1. Sounds like a very fun day planned. Your photo shows what might be fun matching. I don't think we have any board games in our house at all, as neither of us play, so we would have show up with two dishes to share :) Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve only played that game with great nieces and nephews before so we just play a simple matching game. It’s very easy to pick up but is a bit more complex when you score which is what we’ll try tonight. Two dishes will be very acceptable ... it starts at 7pm 😁

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've a fun evening planned! :) I like the idea of a lending library of music! You are doing so well with your decluttering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We’ve had a fun time tonight ... it’s been lovely. The closer I’ve got to finishing the cluttering, the more ruthless I’ve got ... I just want it to be over now!

      Delete
    2. that should say ‘decluttering’!

      Delete
  3. I've just had a lovely time reading through the posts I have missed this week. I am sorry to read that you've ben quite poorly but very glad that it's responded to medicatyion and you are now feeling better and stronger again. Did you have a good games evening?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was good fun and we’ll do it again. I’m feeling much better now but am still trying to takes things easy and allow my body to fully recover.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts