Tuesday

True to the forecast, it's raining! On the plus side, the plants are loving it ... on the minus side, it's wet and chilly and I need to change my plans as I don't fancy going out.

So it's going to be an indoors sort of day today. My joyful activities (more than one today!) are to continue with the photo sorting/editing, playing the piano, and an evening with friends for our monthly film night.

Before any of that can happen I need to do at least an hour of sorting and today this bag of cables and power leads will be thoroughly investigated ...


I've been collecting up the loose cables as I've found them so today's task is to match them to them to their correct items, if possible. I'm not throwing any of them away until I have completed the decluttering but I know that at least a third belonged to computers that were disposed of years ago. This is what happens with a partner who liked to keep things 'just in case'!

The teaching was a joy yesterday. I can hear significant progress in all of their playing and they are all demonstrating a better understanding of the technique/theory elements we have been concentrating on. There's no more lessons now until after Easter, when I will gain two additional learners making a total of five. It should have been six, but one child has missed most of the lessons so we've agreed to stop for now - a sensible decision as the child has absolutely no interest in learning!

I had a long phone call with Julie last night and we'll be meeting for a meal after Easter, together with the other two quizzers. We won £50 worth of vouchers so will use those to put towards a meal for the four of us. I don't know if the monthly quizzing is going to continue; my own feeling is that now we don't meet up so often, maybe it would be better to meet for a meal where we have the opportunity to talk and stay in touch with what's happening in everyone's life. 

Comments

  1. Nice that you have Plan B (indoors) already in place. Lucky you to have 50 (pounds) to go towards a meal out with friends. We had box similar to yours & I left Mr Man in charge since it was his collection. Our next task together is to sort their paper manuals/instructions, I'm sure we don't half the things we have manuals for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your matching project has been successful! It's the sort of thing I'd put off for ages, then end up really enjoying. If you find a Samsung charger with no home, please keep it for me - mine seems to be faulty, suddenly.
    Glad the daily joys are working out to be so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a plan B! It must be so nice to know that the students are learning and noticeably improving. You've reminded me that I still have those three power cords I found in my kitchen "junk" drawer, last year! I still have no clue what they came from (I suspect old rice cookers), but, of course, I don't want to throw them out, yet, because, you know what's going to happen, don't you? The minute I toss them, I am sure to come across something that needs a cord! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a drawer that looks like that. Cautionary tale: my late father left an electric typewriter for my son, who loved it, but I think I threw out the cable, and I don't think I can find a replacement.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts