Monday


Some happy post has been delivered! It's paint pens for a joyful activity on another day, but not today. I feel completely stressed after the nightmare of yesterday and will have a very calm day just sleeping, reading and doing whatever feels right. 

Yesterday turned out to be horrendous. My friend K has a bit of a reputation for outstaying her welcome but she has never done it to me ... until yesterday. I can't go into details but will say that eventually I had to phone her family for help who, when they arrived to collect her, filled in some of the blanks which explained her erratic behaviour. 

I didn't get any of the cooking done yesterday so that will have to be a job for tomorrow, or maybe later today if I start to feel better. I didn't get much sleep last night and I have woken with all the warning signs of a severe migraine; I've taken the prescribed medication and may go back to bed as soon as I finish this post. 

I've read a few blogs this morning and was delighted by the news that Mary-Lou may start the summer photo scavenger hunt in May, earlier than in previous years. Fingers crossed that she does!

Comments

  1. Oh no! That sounds like a horrible day. As you say, sounds like she has more issues going on. Hopefully you can regain your balance by having an easy day today. I love new pens of any kind lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there are definitely issues that I wasn’t aware of.

      I love new pens and stationery of any description. I’m waiting for one more item and then I can get started!

      Delete
  2. Oh Eileen I'm sorry that your house guest upset you, but thankfully family knew what & when to do to help. A nice cheerful set of colouring pens - oh cannot wait to see what you create with these. Glad I can count you in for the SPSH :) - thanks for that support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was due to medical issues that aren’t yet fully controlled, so sad to see her this ill.

      I’m resisting the temptation to use my new pens until the other item turns up, so you may be waiting a while.

      As for the scavenger hunt, of course you have my support ... you know how much I love a good scavenger hunt!

      Delete
  3. I'm really glad help was available and that you are more fully in the picture, It must have been very difficult for you. Hopefully the migraine has gone away.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was s complete shock but I hope to remain friends. We will meet in public in future, maybe with her brother or sister there as well. Hopefully she will be more stable as the family learn how to manage her condition.

      I had a sleep this morning and am feeling much better now, thanks. The medication did it’s job and it didn’t develop into a full blown migraine.

      Delete
  4. Sending hugs and good vibes and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. I felt much better by lunch time and have had a very relaxing afternoon and evening. I’ll be fine tomorrow after a good night’s sleep.

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry you had to deal with your friend overstaying her welcome. Glad her family helped and filled you in on what's going on. Glad, too, that you managed to avoid a full blown headache. Hope tomorrow will be a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling much better today thanks. I feel so sad about K's illness but there is nothing I can do to help at the moment and need to take a back seat. Her sister has promised to keep in touch and let me know how things are progressing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts