Wednesday

a solitary flower found growing alongside the canal
At least it's not raining today so I've been out for a short walk along the canal, but there's quite a chilly breeze and I'm glad to be back in the warm.

Today will be all about getting on with the remainder of the decluttering and doing some more bulk cooking for the freezer. Once I've finished this post I need to place adverts for the rest of the items I've photographed, and then back downstairs to cook up some shepherd pies, a cheese and lentil bake, and a vegetable curry. The cheese and lentil bake is a new-to-me recipe which, according to the author is SW syn free, freezes well and is a good substitute for bread when having soup - the cheese element is the worry (for me!) but it'll be worth a try and I may be able to tweak it for the future if it makes me ill.

Later this afternoon I'm hoping to meet a friend for a coffee and catch-up, and this evening will be phoning round to friends and family to get some more dates in the diary. I'm trying to come up with a list of free local activities that involve leaving the house and if some of them also involve some form of exercise, so much the better. 

Comments

  1. Such a pretty yellow tulip. I wonder if a squirrel dug from someone's garden & buried along the canal with the hope a future meal. Sounds like you are having a lovely blended day of fresh air, fresh cooking ideas & such fresh dates booked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think somebody planted some bulbs at one time, as there are a load of daffodils further along the towpath.

      Delete
  2. Glad you're getting back on an even keel. Nothing worse than being made to feel uncomfortable in one's own home. I think the decluttering bug is contagious as I seem to have caught it! Or maybe just inspired to spring clean...
    I need to look into the use of a slow cooker for soups. That's a new one on me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started using the slow cooker for soups when I was caring for my late partner as the idea of getting it ready when I had time and then just leaving it to cook itself meant that I knew I wouldn't have to worry about the food side of things. The same for when I was working, knowing that I had a meal waiting for me when I got home was a relief!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a very worthwhile day. The cheese and lentil bake sounds very nice indeed - I hope it works for you.
    I love that you are actively looking for things to do, especially as the days get longer and the weather improves (hopefully). Now I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cheese and lentil bake has gone straight in the freezer so I'll let you know when I get round to eating it!

      I have lots of adventures planned and am looking forward to the next few months.

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty flower! Glad you were able to go for a walk. Sounds like you had a busy and productive day planned. Hope you were able to accomplish all what you wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got most of it done but still need to speak to friends who were out when I phoned. However, the diary is filling up nicely and I have plenty to look forward to.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts