Monday


This photo shows my plans for this evening, with an early bedtime looming some time around 9 o'clock. 

I've spent a lot of time on the phone and the laptop today, all to do with the band, and I have brain ache! I don't know how I ever managed to work full time ... I definitely don't have the energy and levels of concentration any more. The good news is that the issue affecting the band is moving towards a successful conclusion and we are now preparing for the next stage.

The children all turned up for their lessons today, and all played to the best of their ability. I think I'm fortunate in having a group of children who are having lessons because they want to learn, not because the parents want them to learn ... it makes a huge difference. I'm letting them all enjoy their current level of playing for a couple of weeks, using some new repertoire and some old favourites, before moving them on to the next level. I'm continuing to enjoy the lessons and have been asked to take on some more pupils, which I think is unlikely but I am considering it. I have the time but don't know if I really want the extra committment.

Tomorrow morning is set aside for shopping and cooking. It's the time of year for warming soups and stews, and hot chocolate drinks, so I need to be prepared.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you are a popular music teacher! More students might be something to consider, but, as you say, it is a time commitment on your part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I did take on more pupils I'd have to do it on another day, so that will tie me to the house on two days every term time week from 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm. I'm not sure which other weekday I can set aside and not miss out on current social events throughout the month.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts