Weekly Reflections

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chatting with friends
  • a gift of curry paste from friend T which made six portions of curry 
  • a trip to the garden centre with Joy
  • M's first visit to discuss my revised plans and to make a start on the garden tasks
  • re-watching the Harry Potter films, shown on TV every night this week
  • a couple of canal walks
  • hearing from G, my hairdresser, offering an appointment for tomorrow
  • continuing to enjoy the nutrition and Indian cookery online sessions, and hearing that an online NLP happiness hub is starting tomorrow
  • making a (very slow) start on the spring cleaning
  • saving over £100 on my car insurance

I am grateful ...
  • for central heating - we've had a few more very chilly days!
  • for comparison sites, which enabled me to save money on my insurance
  • for the support that always seems to be there whenever I am in need of it

Lifestyle changes
  • exercise (30 minutes minimum every day): achieved 6 days out of 7
  • weight: no change again -I think this may be to do with reducing the amount of exercise so I need to have another look at my calorie intake

Comments

  1. Lots of lovely reasons to be cheerful.
    Good luck with the spring cleaning this week!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I've slowed down the pace of the spring cleaning and am making more progress as a result xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely to read your reasons to be cheerful and indeed it has been quite cold this week and such a shock after those warm, sunny days. Better days ahead for us all for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. According to the ITV weather presenter, the warmer weather returns later this week. Let's home their forecast is correct for once!

      Delete
  3. I love reading your reasons to be cheerful. It really makes you think there are so many. My youngest daughter has enjoyed so much watching all the Harry Potter films too and is especially looking forward to a marathon watch this evening. They are very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first started to list my reasons to be cheerful it took me ages and I often struggled to think of anything but, with practice, I have managed to change my mindset and realise how fortunate I am.

      I'll be watching the last two Harry Potter films today as well ... my day is arranged so that I can sit in front of the TV at 3:45pm and lose myself in the wizarding world.

      Delete
  4. Another week with lots of reasons for being cheerful and grateful. Keep counting those blessings and here's to another good week ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. These weekly posts are my own version of Lady Ella's monthly 'Reasons to be Cheerful' post. Her idea of reviewing the positives in life has really helped me to manage my emotional well being but I needed the weekly review to really benefit from it. I will definitely keep counting all my blessings! 😊

      Delete
  5. Lovely weekly reflections. You are doing really well with these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I've found that the more I look for reasons to be cheerful the easier it gets and the better I feel.

      Delete
  6. A full week! I try to hold out a day for rest on my 30-minute a day of cardio. I can't remember why now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the diabetes course we were told that cardio exercise should be on 5 days out of the 7 as you need to allow rest periods for your body to recover.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts