This Week ...

I'm feeling motivated so intend to get on with some of the bigger tasks this week. We're forecast for rain on four days so those days are set aside for spring cleaning and the others will be spent in the garden.

Social: it's choir practice tonight but I can't remember what we're working on. It'll be fun though, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Zoom is better behaved than it was last time!

I'm also hoping to book a ticket to visit a local National Trust property, either Lacock Abbey or The Courts Garden. I'd also like to get one for next week for the Woodland Walk at the Bowood Estate ... L is interested in joining me on that one.

Online Classes and Talks

Monday: photography group, freebie genealogy/DNA lectures on Family Search

Wednesday: nutrition club, happiness hub

Thursday: Indian cooking 

Friday: nutrition focus 

Exercise:

I don't know that I'll have the time or the energy to go out for any walks but I will be more active than usual as I get on with completing the list of bigger tasks.

Home and Garden

Home: Spring cleaning in the spare bedroom starts this week. It won't take long but I doubt I'll do it all in one go because ... it's housework isn't it! I missed a call from the auction house so need to deal with that today and, if they are offering an appointment to take my stuff over to them, that will take priority.

Garden: I've decided that M (my gardener) is a bad influence as the best bit of my gardening tasks for this week and next is to purchase the plants I want for the flower bed behind the garage. I also want to order a bigger water butt to replace the existing one behind the garage as that one leaks and maybe think about getting an additional one for the part of the garden nearer the house. All the pots will be greedy for water during the warmer months so the more rainwater I can collect the better as my mains water supply is on a meter. Apart from that the biggie is bagging the gravel ready to be stored in the garage and I will start on that today.

Food: I'm trying to make better choices this week to start the scales moving in the right direction again. I think I need to get back to weighing ingredients and calorie counting to see if that improves things.

and finally, Hobbies:

Reading: I've just started on 'Started Early, Took My Dog' by Kate Atkinson

Italian: 15 - 20 minutes daily practice 

Piano: I'm back to the Harry Potter music ☺️

Photography: I don't have any photos I need to take so it'll be practicing whatever comes out of the online photography session, plus some more in the garden.

Family tree: I'm focusing on clearing the list of possible connections through DNA that Ancestry creates and will tune into a couple of the Family Search lectures on that subject to see if I can pick up any tips.

Comments

  1. I hadn't heard they've forecast rain for this week, too busy enjoying the sunshine I expect and it's a good idea to leave the housework for rainy days. The DNA list of distant cousins is fascinating isn't it, mine is keeping me occupied for sure. Enjoy your week but don't work too hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to depend where you look for the forecast. Most sites are now saying only two days for this area.

      The DNA list is long enough to keep me occupied for a year or more assuming I only worked on that. It is fascinating to see where everyone is though.

      I have a couple of busy weeks planned so that I can have a staycation on the third week. If I can get the spring cleaning and rest of the decluttering out of the way I will be in the wonderful position of having completely cleared my huge to-do list and can then stay on top of the housework/garden with the minimum of effort on my part!

      Delete
  2. Like Eileen, I didn't realise rain was forecast but maybe it isn't round here. We could really do with some, I have to say. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BBC weather is now only saying two days but that's better than nothing as we really do need a good downpour. I only check for here so I don't know the forecast for the entire country though. xx

      Delete
  3. You have the most delightful week planned. Let's hope that Mother Nature plans for rain at nighttime & glorious sunshine in the daytime. I'm making a list of what I'd like to buy for my garden this year, thank goodness I write it in pencil before I need to send the email off - alas curbside pick up again this year! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it looks very promising for rain at all but in recent years the forecasts have been so much more accurate than they used to be, so who knows?

      I've ordered most of the plants online for delivery by carrier so not quite as much fun but still be exciting when they arrive. I will go to one of the local nurseries to choose the two extra roses though, one red and one pink!

      Delete
  4. And every time you mention Indian cooking my taste buds say Yes! I've tried and liked making the Tikka Masala. Now I need to try something else. We have sunshine and a predicted high of 80F here today. I'm heading to the garden center after the laundry's done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I could live on Indian food! I love it, even the spicy breakfasts.

      Happy garden centre shopping. Are you looking for specifics of just seeing what takes your fancy?

      Delete
  5. Hi Eileen,
    A very complete and varied list of tasks.
    I wish you success and that you can overcome them!
    Have a good week.
    Hugs,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime. I've actually got a fair bit of it done today so am on track to achieve all that I want to this week. 😊

      Delete
  6. What a busy week you are having! I hope you also have time to rest 😉
    Enjoy the week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have plenty of time to rest, don't worry. Tomorrow I will be able to finish dealing with the gravel which is the only hard work part of the week. Everything else is a doddle!

      Delete
  7. I thought I commented on this post, but, maybe I didn't? I like all your plans for the week and I hope you have a good week. We could do with a nice shower of rain, ourselves, but, there is no rain in the forecast. I'm afraid we will have a drought year declared this summer (with resulting water restrictions). This first summer will be a test for the newly planted fruit trees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going well so far.

      It's raining at the moment (Tuesday evening) so it looks like they were right with the forecast. Water restrictions don't sound like much fun so I hope it doesn't come to that for you. I'm ordering a much bigger rainwater collection tank for the garden (once it's back in stock) to help. My current one is only 100 LTRs and it leaks but the new one will be 400 LTRs.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts