Let Loose in a Garden Centre ...

 ... with Joy, but we were both very restrained and didn't buy too much. Here's today's haul ...


Starting on the left, the two colourful plants are Spirea Magic Carpet and behind them you can just see the tops of two pots of Dianthus Memories, which will produce white flowers. The tallest plant to the right of them is an autumn flowering Camelia Sasanqua which will have pink flowers and just in front of that in the grey pot is a Coprosma City Knights which I've never heard of before but fell in love with the colours of the leaves. The smaller plants in the front are two patio bush tomato plants, two pots of sweet peas and behind them are 2 pots of Lupins Gallery Yellow.

The plant pots and troughs are for the tomatoes and, later on, for some dwarf green bean plants which Joy has kindly offered to let me have. They'll also be used for some of the summer annuals. 

Comments

  1. Looking at your photo does my heart good. What a super collection.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul & you were quite controlled (lol). I have to treat lupins as annuals for my garden :( I just started my sweet pea seeds today so they will be ready to plant out the May 24th weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love lupins so if these do well I will add some other colours. The last lot I had (which I lost when the patio was laid) seemed to like my conditions so I'm hopeful for these.

      I don't think the sweet peas or tomatoes can go in just yet as we are in for some cold spells - I will see what M advises.

      Delete
  3. That does look quite a haul, your garden is going to look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for inviting me along, it was nice to just meander round and look at things, and I'm happy with the strawberry plants I bought. If that's you being restrained, I'm grateful you weren't in full flow!!! We'd never have got it all in your boot for a start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for coming with me. I was feeling very down and your company cheered me up and put an end to the doldrums.

      Yes, this was restrained .... wait till I do the summer colour 😂😂

      Delete
  5. Yay! You bought yourself a very nice collection of plants! I like the mixture of flowers and vegetables. :) Your garden is going to look lovely with all the new plants, and I'm glad that the company of your friend and the outing raised your spirits. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just mixing the flowers and veg in together and will see how it goes. Either it'll work out or it won't!

      I'm feeling much more cheerful today after chatting with Joy yesterday and with M today.

      Delete
  6. What a successful day in the garden centre you had. I love buying plants and didn't know there was an autumn flowering Camelia. I must look into it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have bought loads more but kept myself in check. I'll wait now to see how everything grows in the flower beds - all the summer colour will be in pots so I still have one more shopping trip to look forward to 😊

      Delete
  7. Wow! What a haul! I'm unfamiliar with those plants and look forward to photos of them once they're in place. You'll enjoy fresh veggies. There's just nothing like home-grown tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there'll definitely be photos, don't worry 😂

      I'm looking forward to growing some veggies. I'm pretty clueless though so it'll mostly be left to M.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts