Wednesday

I've been notified that a parcel will be delivered between 7am and 7pm so it's another day at home. This one should be blueberry bushes, a Christmas gift from a dear friend, and that leaves only one more parcel to come this week which will be the replacement seals for the Kilner jars.

I re-inked the printer yesterday and it took ages! Refilling the ink tanks is a doddle but recharging the print heads was the time consuming bit and I wanted to cry from frustration at one stage! I also tidied one of the cupboards in the room and sorted out some more stuff that I no longer have a use for so that will either go to Misses C and H or to the charity shop. 

I did a couple of loads of washing yesterday and will do the rest today ... no ironing needed with this lot, thankfully. I'll also sort through and tidy the other two cupboards in the playroom and then I'll just need to wipe down the paintwork, hoover the carpet, and the first room will be finished.

It's the nutrition club this morning where the chat will be about sugar. I gave up adding sugar to drinks a few years ago but I'll be interested to see what else I can do to eliminate added sugars in my diet.

Apart from that it'll be watering the garden, piano practice and Italian practice, and then whatever I fancy doing ... should be another fun day!

Comments

  1. That is a long window for the delivery slot, I'm sure they could narrow that down. Sounds a fiddly job refilling the printer ink and I hope you don't have to do that too often. Ironing, I try to do as little as possible these days as that's another tedious job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and am sure they could give a better indication of the delivery time if they chose to. The ink tanks, once full, last about a year with the amount of printing I currently do. I may have to top up the black ink before the other colours but that's all, so it's a cheap solution to printing costs.

      I avoid ironing usually but do have a couple of summer tops that I want to wear so the iron has to come out for them!

      Delete
  2. I have a note on my front door telling delivery people where to leave parcels (politely). It seems to work well.
    It sounds like a super day - enjoy.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I don't have anywhere I can ask them to leave the parcels. The front garden is only two feet in depth and is completely open to the pavement and, once my car is off the drive, the area in front of the garage is completely open and exposed. Royal Mail know to leave things with neighbours but the carrier firms won't always do that and it's not the easiest task to arrange redelivery with some of them.

      It has been a good day so far. It's been rather gray but the sun is now shining so I'm going to sit out on the patio with my book and a coffee.

      Delete
  3. The waiting for packages can be restrictive but oh blueberry bushes! Every time I start to tidy up my crafting/play area, I start making something, so it will have to be last on my spring clean plan! (lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started on my playroom because it needed very little doing to it and it meant I can get that first tick on the list!

      Two blueberry bushes ... I'm hoping they'll do well 😊

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a lovely day. This is the first year I've tried growing blueberries - I bought three plants and they all have berries forming on them! I'm excited to see how they turn out. Hope your plants will do well and give you lots of berries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes that's quite a wide delivery window! I tried growing a blueberry bush but I'm pretty sure the deer ate that too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts