Thursday

It's the Indian cookery session today at 1pm so before then I am hoping to get out and take some photos for my monthly photo challenge. The new theme is 'number(s)' and I think I can find some suitable subjects in Bradford on Avon. I'm hoping it won't be too busy if I leave it until mid morning and, fingers crossed, I may be able to pick up some more fruit as well. 

They're the only two things on the list for today. There's bound to be something to do in the garden though I am trying to ignore that the outside of both sets of French doors desperately need cleaning. I'm sure I've got the strength of mind to ignore them for a few more days!

Two parcels arrived yesterday bringing the gladioli bulbs and angel's fishing rod plants that I ordered last year. The four plants I ordered a few days ago should be here next week and hopefully I will also get to the garden centre with Joy one day next week to choose some more plants for the pots ... all ready for M to plant it all up during her next visit. 

Comments

  1. I hope you have a great trip today and find lots of things to photograph! Your garden is going to look lovely with all the new plants! You are a strong woman - I have full confidence that you have the strength to ignore those French doors! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't take many photos in the end but have seen a few more possibilities so will go back another day. It was much busier than I was expecting and I started to feel really anxious so came home early. I am still ongoing the French doors though 😂

      Delete
  2. I expect there will be plenty of photo opportunities for the theme of numbers. I'm sure glass cleaning can wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've taken a few but couldn't find the one thing I was looking for ... it must be somewhere else!

      I might cave in and pay for a window cleaner to do all the windows.

      Delete
  3. I have no idea what flower an Angel's Fishing Rod is, so looking forward to seeing that in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The proper name for the variety I've chosen is 'Dierama Pulcherrimum Blackbird'. I've only bought 3 plants to see how they like the conditions in my garden but will get more if they do well.

      Delete
  4. Numbers sounds like a fun photo theme, especially to a retired accountant like me. French doors also sound lovely, although cleaning all those panes not so much. I hope you get distracted by something more fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why don't you join in on the photo challenge if you like the theme. You only need to take a minimum of 5 photos this month (no archive shots and no set maximum no of shots) and you are more than welcome to join in.

      Theses French doors don't have the small panes - each door is a big single sheet of glass - so it's not too bad .... I'm just being lazy!

      Delete
  5. Hope you managed to get your photos and had a good day. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and yes! I took a few photos and generally had a pleasant day, thanks.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts