This Week

The schools are still on their Easter breaks so I am planning to spend most of the week at home. I expect most of the public places will be busier than I'd like so, as there is no real need to go out (with one exception) I won't!

Social: choir practice resumes tonight; in normal times we wouldn't meet on a Bank Holiday but there is definitely one scheduled for today so, with nothing else arranged, I will go.


Online Classes and Talks

Wednesday: the nutrition club, where I think the discussion will continue on improving our relationship with food 

Thursday: Indian Cooking 

Friday: the nutrition focus class which is all about minerals in a healthy diet 


Exercise:

Walking: following on from a chat with my doctor I am reducing the number of steps I complete every day, aiming for 30 minutes rather than focusing on the total number of steps. This is all to do with my knee, which seems to be permanently swollen and rather painful.


Home and Garden

Home: I'm still waiting to hear back from the auction house so that's still to be sorted. I seem to be experiencing a very strange urge (for me), which is to clean the house from top to bottom. I'm going with the flow so, as I'm planning to stay at home, this week seems to be the ideal time to get that feeling out of my system.

Garden: I mentioned one exception to staying at home and that's a trip to the local garden centre with Joy on Thursday morning. M, the gardener, will be here on Friday so I want to buy a selection of perennials and annuals, mostly for the pots but a couple to fill spaces in a flower bed. I am excited about this ... Joy is supposed to keep me in check but she's as bad as me really only with much more horticultural knowledge, so I expect to be indulging in some serious retail therapy!


Food:  I have plenty of supplies so have no need to buy anything else or do any more bulk cooking until the end of the month. I have fresh fruit and veg for this week then will change to frozen for the remainder of the month - I can always restock at the farm shop if that arrangement doesn't work out.

I gave in and ordered a takeaway delivery yesterday, so I will have to be strict about the rest of this week's meals if I want to lose any weight when I weigh in Saturday!


and finally, Having Fun:

Reading: currently reading 'Where The Crawdads Sing' by Delia Owen, and listening to 'The Mill on the Floss' by George Elliot on BBC Sounds as my choice for the Diversify Your Reading Challenge - the April genre is Classics.

Italian: 15 - 20 minutes daily practice 

Piano: I'm still working on Pachelbel's Canon in D Major!

Comments

  1. Sounds like you have your plans for the week sorted while staying at home and can't say I blame you while places are busy. Enjoy your garden centre trip later in the week, something for you to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to walk along the canal towpath but the trouble with that is that there isn't too much scope for social distancing and passing if there are a lot of people about, especially when there are a lot of children there as well. I prefer to wait until the schools are back and then pick one of the quieter times.

      Delete
  2. Serious retail therapy at the garden centre sound like heaven to me. I just love a visit to one of the many we seem to have around here.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering if I am going a bit too soon as I need to give M time to prepare one of the beds for planting. This visit will probably now just be about goodies to add colour in the pots, but also means there will be another garden centre jolly before too long.

      Delete
    2. I guess you can keep them in pots for a while in a sheltered spot. It's nice just to look and see what there is, I think.
      I'd like to take a trip to Hyde Hall again, once the schools go back. Their plants are expensive but they are great quality.
      xx

      Delete
    3. I've seen a few things online that I'd like so will order those if I don't see them in the garden centre.

      There isn't an RHS Garden near me but looking on their website I've seen that there are plenty of their partner gardens so I'm hoping to get to some of those during the year.

      Delete
  3. It was your idea for me to be your conscience, not mine! So if you buy too much you can't blame me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I promise to take full responsibility for my lack of control!!

      Delete
  4. Lovely plans for the week ahead! I also try to find things to do at home and leave it only when it's necessary.
    I read "Where The Crawdads Sing" last year and really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't feel ready to want to start mixing socially with people just yet. I'm trying to keep to myself until I have my second jab next month, and then I'll see what the local situation is like then.

      I've heard good reports about the book so I have high hopes of a good read.

      Delete
  5. You do sound like you have a good week planned. We are doing some spring cleaning, what else to do in shutdown (lol). I cannot wait for the garden centres to open, probably late April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting the spring cleaning tomorrow, upstairs rooms first. I have this urge to be productive and think I'll feel less down if I tackle this now.

      The thing I'm desperately waiting for is a haircut ... it's driving me mad!

      Delete
  6. 30 minutes is what I do rather than step-counting. I look forward to seeing photos of your plants and hearing about your Indian dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still doing steps and can manage roughly 3,000 in a 30 minute period but am breaking that down to 3 x 10 minute sessions. I'll just have to see how I get on until I next see my doctor in person.

      I've started drafting the garden update, which hopefully will be ready for Saturday publication.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a good week in the plans, Eileen. Is the choir still online or are they meeting in person? Have fun with the spring cleaning! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The choir is still online. M is suggesting a late August date to resume in person practices but it will all depend on the situation at the time. She is trying to organise a one-off singing session some time in July once lockdown is released to allow groups of over 30 to meet, but I will see how I feel about that nearer the time. It depends where it is, whether we will be masked, etc.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts