Thursday

I'm counting yesterday as a success. I completed the spring cleaning in the playroom, so that's the first room ticked off on The List, and made a start on gathering up all the stuff I'd previously earmarked for a charity shop donation. I also made a bit more progress on meal planning for next month, tidied the understairs cupboard, and finished off the washing.

On the fun side of things it was the Nutrition Club and I also joined the first Life Coach class. The nutrition was all about sugar - very interesting, but I stopped using sugar about three years ago so I didn't pick up any tips for changes to my current diet. With the Life Coach we completed a couple of exercises, both of which I need to finish off. Exercise 1 was to list all the qualities and skills I think I have, and exercise 2 was to create a list of 15 joyful activities that I can refer to/use to ensure that I make time for something I enjoy every day, and another list of 5 other treats so that I have something to look forward to. Exercise 1 was difficult and will take quite a bit of thought but I'm already tuned into the benefits of daily joyful activities and having things to look forward to (thanks to Bless and her daughter). However, I tend to stick to the same few activities so creating a list of 15 ideas is challenging but it will push me to possibly enhance my life - I think it'll be worth the effort. Oh, and of course, The Great British Sewing Bee started last night  so that's my Wednesday night viewing sorted for the next 10 weeks!

Today, I want to get the rest of the charity shop donations ready as S has offered to collect everything either tonight or tomorrow night and he will drop them off for me, which is a great help. Depending on how long that takes, I'll make a start on the spare bedroom if there's time. It's become a bit of a dumping place which won't take long to sort out but does need to be done. 

It's the second Life Coach session this morning and the weekly Indian cookery this afternoon. The life coach session is about setting goals which I do regularly so I'm a bit unsure whether to tune in for that. It's too early to say really, but from what was suggested as future topics, I'm not sure how much I will benefit from the sessions. I'll try it for a few more sessions and then decide. The Indian cooking on the other hand is definitely in the diary for every week!

Some time this afternoon I'll hopefully be catching up with J and later on with L, but in both cases it depends on their work commitments. If we do manage to have a chat, it'll be phone calls rather than Zoom. I also hope to spend some time sitting out on the patio but it'll need to be warmer than yesterday when it was sunny but still a bit chilly and I felt cold, so had to scurry back indoors!

The package didn't arrive!

Comments

  1. I was so tired, I was fast asleep before Sewing Bee, but I have it on record so that's OK. I'm looking forward to it - it's one of my favourite programmes.
    Well done for such a satisfying and productive day. I hope today is as good for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good group in the GBSB this time. I won't say any more because I don't want to spoil it for you.

      Thanks, today is going well so far. xx

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that you had a successful day, yesterday, but, how frustrating that the package didn't arrive! After you stayed in waiting for it and everything!

    Thank you for saying my daughter and I helped with the daily joyful activities! I am not quite sure what we did, but, it's nice to think that we've helped! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It arrived first thing this morning - annoying, but at least it's here now.

      The post you wrote when your daughter suggested you should think about doing a daily joyful activity prompted me to do the same, and that has made tremendous difference to my life, so huge thanks to both of you xx

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed watching the Sewing Bee and have it on series link so I don't miss any episodes, I really thought the man from Bolton was going home but saved himself with his final dress.
    How annoying that your parcel didn't turn up after waiting all day for it to be delivered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought he was a candidate but actually guessed correctly which person would be sent home.

      The parcel is here, arrived first thing. At least I got plenty of things done while I waited yesterday.

      Delete
  4. I'll go out on a limb & say that The Universe designed that package not be delivered to keep you home & sorting ...LOL. What a feeling of accomplishment you must be feeling to get things off to the charity shop & know that, that item on the to do list is done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are four boxes waiting to be collected by S so that's another big clear out! I can't tick off on the list just yet as I have to get the rest of it over to the auction house and I am still waiting for an appointment. I think they are inundated with enquiries but I'd rather wait and go when it calms down a bit. Nearly there!

      Delete
  5. You are doing a great job with the spring cleaning.
    We have a similar programme to the Sewing Bee here, Maestros de la costura, and I really like watching it. I usually record it because it lasts three hours and starts a bit late so I watch it during the week. Unfortunately, this season finished two weeks ago...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene, it's going to take ages but I am making progress.

      From the name of the programme I'm assuming you live in Spain. Is that correct? Is there any way you can you watch the UK programme?

      Delete
    2. Yes, I live in the Basque Country. I tried to watch the Sewing Bee once but it was not possible.
      By the way, my name is Irune, not Irene. It's a Basque name😊

      Delete
    3. My apologies for getting your name wrong. I did type it correctly but autocorrect felt it knew better! I'll take more care next time. ☺️

      Delete
  6. Every time you mention the Indian cookery class my mouth waters. That sounds like an enjoyable way to spend time and energy. When you're not in the garden, of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She showed us how to make onion bhajis today ... much easier than I thought it would be so they will be appearing in my meal plans 😊

      I'm loving the weekly sessions and see it as a good way to be spending my time and learning a skill I will use .... plus I get to eat my efforts!

      Delete
  7. Your clearing out and spring cleaning is inspiring me to keep going. Now I have cleared some I feel I can't be bothered to start again. I think maybe I should do one room at a time. 15 joyful activities! I'm going to have a think about that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding it harder than I thought to come up with a list of 15 joyful activities. You're not supposed to include things you already do as part of your normal routine which makes it a challenge.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts