Friday

It's the start of the weekend as far as I'm concerned. Joy will be round later to collect some more of her stuff and I have a couple of online classes, but that's all there is in the diary.

Today's online classes are Mindfulness and Nutrition Focus. I'm trying out the mindfulness one for the first time; it starts at 8am so I plan to listen to this before I get out of bed (it's a Zoom session but you don't have to activate your camera!). I usually read for a while before I get up but will try this today instead. The nutrition class is at 1pm and this week the focus is on pulses and legumes. Claudia comes up with some lovely recipes so I'll be interested to what she comes up with this time.

In yesterday's Indian cookery class Monica demonstrated how to cook tandoori chicken so, as I have all the ingredients and the chicken thighs have been defrosting overnight, I will have a go at making enough for tonight's meal with leftovers for tomorrow. It looked so appetising compared to any other tandoori meal I've had, mainly because it wasn't the bright red colour we are used to seeing in this country. 

I'm drawn out to the garden most days. It's the alliums' turn to shine next ...



The pot grown pieris seems to be happier since being replanted in the bed behind the garage and has produced new red growth ... 



And the dianthus 'memories' is adding interest in the narrow bed at the end of the garden ...
 


The rest of the day is set aside for pottering and doing whatever catches my interest. 

Comments

  1. Your Pieris looks so big and healthy. I hope my little tiny one grows as much, I planted it at the edge of the rockery in hope. Have a lovely day and I hope your online classes are successful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mines about three years old now and I'm hopeful that it'll bush out a bit more now it's out of the pot.

      Both classes were excellent, all in all it's turning out to be a good day.

      Delete
  2. Today's online classes sound interesting, Your plants look lovely and beautiful photos. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Nutrition class was fun and she shared some very tasty recipes which I will be adding into my meal plans.

      Thanks re. the photos. xx

      Delete
  3. Hope your cooking comes out well! Mum doesn't use the red dye in her tandoori chicken either. We all think it unnecessary and better looking without.
    Your pieris looks pleased to be in the earth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pieris has brightened up considerably in the short time since being moved and I think it will do well where it is.

      I changed things round so have made and eaten the chicken .... loved it. It was so easy and full of flavour. Definitely a regular for future meal plans

      Delete
  4. The mindfulness class sounds very interesting. Looks like your garden is coming along nicely; I'm looking forward to seeing your alliums flowering. Hope you have a lovely day and enjoy your tandoori chicken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mindfulness class was as good as I hoped and there is also a meditation one to try out as well - both of these are things I tried from time to time but I'm hoping the classes will provide guidance and help create habits. It's all in support of balance of the 'four bodies' I mentioned in yesterday's post.

      I'm loving the garden and am pleased with how it's developing. There'll be photos of the alliums!

      The tandoori chicken was so tasty ... see my response to Lady Ella above. xx

      Delete
  5. I like the idea of not activating the camera for mindfulness, I wish a few more people in my mindfulness two part workshop had thought of that. Really I don't think some of them realized how much we could see! After my mindfulness workshop I've tried two online (uTube) mindfulness "experts" mediations - one a body scan & one a breathing exercise; Thich Nhat Hanh & Jon Kabat-Zinn. Your garden looks very inviting. Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to stick to speaker view so I don't see the other participants. I do usually have the camera on but like that we have the choice. I wasn't dressed, so leaving the camera off was the only option today 😂

      I'll have a look at the YouTube videos, thanks.

      Delete
  6. Those classes sound interesting, a good way to start the day with the mindfulness course. The flowers in your garden are going to be gorgeous. I'm sure your tandoori chicken will be delicious. Enjoy your Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good way to start the day though next time I will make sure I eat breakfast before the session starts.

      Hopefully we can get the annuals potted up during May and then there should be plenty of colour.

      The tandoori chicken was delicious and I will be making it again.☺️

      Delete
  7. I always look forward to your patio photos. Lovely flowers! I've never tried to make tandoori chicken. I think I'll check the pantry and put together a list and make that my next Indian dish. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      The tandoori chicken was delicious. I hope you enjoy it if you decide to make it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts