Friday

 

Yesterday turned out to be a really pleasant day. I spend some time looking for some 'number' photos but didn't stay out long as there were more people around than I was expecting and I started to feel slightly anxious. Back at home I enjoyed a coffee out on the patio ... and relaxed again. I'm glad I went out though, and will be more prepared next time!

I watched the Indian cookery session  - chicken masala this week. The thing I love about these sessions are all the tips Monica shares as she is cooking, slowly de-mistifying authentic Indian cookery. I'll have a go at making the curry at the weekend.

Today, I will do a bit more in the garden. At some stage the patio needs some attention - power washing (a service I think M provides), and it's in need of regrouting. I'm also debating whether to have some of the patio slabs removed; some of the flower beds are too small to be of much use and lifting a few of the edge slabs will give me more options. I doubt I will get it done this year as I want to concentrate on the pots for now and it may be that, if my ideas for the pots work out, I will be able leave the slabs as they are. For today, I just plan to sweep the patio, place the last group of pots, and move the bags of compost over to where they are needed. Then it's a case of waiting for the final plant delivery and enjoying a trip to The Nursery garden centre with Joy next week to buy another load of goodies for the rest of the pots, a mix of perennials and annuals.

Comments

  1. It all sounds really exciting and the tulip is gorgeous.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels exciting just to be making plans! Life is moving on and opening up again, so lots to look forward to. x

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful tulip! Love the color combination of green leaves and purple flower. :) Sounds like the garden is in for a bit of an overhaul!

    Good idea to return home sooner than planned in order to avoid the crowds. I hope you got some photos for "numbers" though!

    Glad to see that the cooking shows are helping with trying out Indian cooking. You'll have to share your results with us, when you make the curry. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tulip is beautiful but a bit of a surprise ... I was expecting red!

      I did get some photos for numbers; with those and the ones I've taken at home I already have more than 20 - I'll need to do two posts at this rate1

      I've done quite a lot of Indian cooking before but her tips will definitely help me improve in certain areas. I never think to photograph food but will try to remember ... no promises though!

      Delete
  3. I'm feeling the same about being around too many people and feeling rather anxious. Enjoy your curry this weekend and here's wishing you a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one but I hope it gets easier without becoming an 'issue'. Happy Easter to you too, Eileen x

      Delete
  4. Very pretty tulip photo. I agree, that it will take some getting use to being around people again, especially with the variants floating about. Happy Easter. We have just been put into a provincial 28 day lockdown, again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're still limited on how much travel we can do and are still expected to stay local but I will make more effort to get out and start rebuilding my confidence - more so once I've had my second jab. Sorry to hear that you are back in lockdown and will keep my fingers crossed that this remains limited to the 28 days.

      Delete
  5. Re-grouting sounds like something worth considering. I love your tulip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to find someone to do it for me so dreading how much it will cost.

      The tulip colour is a complete surprise but I love it too.

      Delete
  6. Lovely tulip! I understand you very well as I also feel quite anxious when there are too many people around. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm hearing more and more that others are anxious to be in situations where there are too many people around. Let's hope it gets easier.

      Delete
  7. Lovely tulip! I'm sure things will settle after a while. People are probably really excited to be out. Hopefully you can find a time when things aren't as busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I'm waiting until after the Easter break until I try again. It's bound to busy busier this weekend and the schools will be off for another week.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts