Garden Update 12

There's still some colour from the spring bulbs, mostly tulips but also a couple of daffodils to enjoy.



A quick look round outside and there's lots of promise for things to come. Both of the recently planted 'dianthus memories' are covered in buds with the first white blooms opening on each plant.


The two clematis plants have their first buds. The second photo is of the burgundy plant that was moved last week; it's developed some buds over the weekend so I'm hoping that means it's liking it's new position.


 

This is the hibiscus I planted last year. I though it hadn't survived the winter as there were absolutely no signs of life, so I'm delighted to see the new growth.


Indoors and still waiting to be planted out, but keen to start flowering, are the cosmos and osteospurmum.  



The trolley for storing the baby plants indoors arrived on Saturday - I think this is big enough for my needs but it was very reasonably priced and I can always buy another one if needed. It lives in front of the French doors where there's plenty of light but I had to move it to take the photo. I will look around for some trays to catch any drips from watering and there's enough room to spread the plants out a bit more, but this will do for now. As well as the cosmos and osteospurmum, there's also the sweet peas, angel's fishing rods, and bush tomatoes I bought, as well as tomatoes, runner beans and dwarf beans that Joy generously started off for me. 



I've ordered the next lot of bulbs and plants for the bed behind the garage. I still need to buy the roses but will get those from a local nursery and I'll do another update when it's all delivered!

Comments

  1. Great photos, your flowers are lovely and plants are coming along nicely. Your trolley looks ideal for your plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. It's a lot easier with the trolley - when the sun moves round I just wheel them outside and then back in again to tuck them up for the night!

      Delete
  2. Oh I think that trolley is a perfect idea & looks to be quite serviceable for other jobs when the seedlings are planted. Your tulip in the first photo is such a perfect shade of pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink tulips have been a real delight and I will get more of them next year.

      The trolley will probably be stored in the garage once the babies are planted out. I know what I'm like and don't need anything around that I can pile things up on!

      Delete
  3. You are so lucky to have tulips and daffodils. The deer around here nibble any and all of those to the ground. Your garden is pretty already, but you have so much more to anticipate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, deer aren't a problem I have to deal with. There are squirrels around but so far they haven't found my garden so I haven't had any problems at all.

      I'm so looking forward to the summer colour to see if all my ideas have worked.

      Delete
  4. Those tulips are really lovely!!! And the trolley is a great idea for the baby plants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful. They've definitely added colour to the garden.

      The trolley was my friend Joy's brilliant idea ... a clever idea, isn't it?

      Delete
  5. Ok, now I've got trolley envy! LOL. That's a great idea for your plants! Especially as you can wheel it in and out, as needed.

    Love all the photos of your flowers! Looking forward to seeing how your garden does over the next several weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The credit for the trolley suggestion goes to my friend, Joy. It was entirely her idea and it's such a simple solution, but didn't occur to me at all.

      Thanks re. the photos and I promise regular garden updates 😊

      Delete
  6. The striped tulips are really pretty. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty but were a bit of a surprise - they were supposed to be purple, no stripes!

      Delete
  7. Every year I think my hibiscus is dead! It seems to start so late. Your flowers are looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm glad it's not just me!

      Thanks re. the flowers.

      Delete
  8. Lots of promise! I had a wander around the local garden yesterday and ended up taking loads of tulip photos. Some repeats of last year but also some new ones. Looking forward to your cosmos. I scattered loads of seed heads last autumn but I don't know if there will be any self setters. There's still time! How nice to have a late daff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's even more promise of pretties in the post winging their way to me ☺️

      The cosmos will be pot grown again this year. I bought these plants but may have a go at growing from seed next year. I hope you get some ... can't be without cosmos.

      The two daffs were a complete surprise.

      Delete
  9. I think I have that exact same cart! It's in my laundry closet getting heavy use, and it's holding up well. Your flowers are amazing. So much variety it always takes my breath away :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite sturdy some should last me for years to come.

      I'm really please with the flowers and I'm glad that you are enjoying them as well. The alliums are getting ready to bloom ... they'll be next.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts