Wednesday

I didn't finish dealing with the gravel yesterday. I made a start but, even though I was moving a lot shovelling the gravel and lifting heavy (for me!) bags, I felt really chilled and could feel myself getting colder and colder. So, I left it for another day and retreated indoors. I didn't feel ill, just cold, so after a hot shower to warm me up I decided that it was as good a time as any to spring clean the spare bedroom. About 90 minutes later I'd knocked that into shape and spent the rest of the day curled up on the sofa under my snuggle blanket, reading, practising Italian, and doing a bit on the family tree.

Today, it's the Nutrition Club followed immediately by the Happiness Hub, both this morning, so it's an easy start to the day. It started raining just after 6pm yesterday and the forecast for today is more rain so if they've got that right I doubt I will be able to get outside to finish clearing the gravel. I'll make a start on spring cleaning another upstairs room instead because once that's done the upstairs of the house will be finished and I can then focus on the downstairs. 

I think it's the Sewing Bee tonight so I'll be watching that if it is. If not, then more reading, and some family tree research. 

Comments

  1. Could you send some of that rain southwards please? Haven't seen a drop for weeks! Yes I'm pretty sure it is the sewing bee tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have rain forecast on five of the next seven days so maybe it's heading your way as well. I can't promise though!

      Delete
    2. We got a bit yesterday and overnight, but need a bit more if you can spare it please!
      Congrats on the spring cleaning. I don't know where the dust keeps coming from - especially in the bedroom!!

      Delete
    3. If you wait patiently you will get some more on Saturday and all of next week ... or so the forecast says. 😊

      The dust faeries bring the dust in 🧚

      Delete
    4. Mon, Thurs and Fri look most likely for us. But you might have a better app. Anyway I'll believe it when I see it!
      Aaahhh :) Now I know it's fairy dust, I couldn't possibly wipe it away! 🧚‍♀️💖🧚‍♂️

      Delete
    5. Thank goodness you're a fairy lover and you understand the importance of not dusting!

      Delete
  2. It is the Sewing Bee tonight and good viewing again this year. It was noticeably colder yesterday but we didn't have any rain here although it's looking dull already today. You did plenty with shovelling gravel and cleaning the house so I don't blame you for having a good rest after that hard work. Enjoy your day but don't work too hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done very little today. It's cold and wet and my blanket was calling me and I gave in and have spent the day in the warm. xx

      Delete
  3. I am glad to read you did not have any long affects from shoveling the gravel - hopefully not because you got dehydrated. I must keep any eye out for Sewing Bew, since we now get The Repair Shop & I know we get "throw down" the pottery making show. Yeah to getting the spare room sorted, who knows with vaccine roll out going well, you might have house guests this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just a chilly day and today is just as bad. I've switched the heating up and am having a relaxing day in the warm.

      I doubt that I'll have house guests this year ... but at least the room is clean and tidy and no longer the dumping ground it was becoming!

      Delete
  4. There is nothing better than being on the sofá, under a blanket when the weather is cold and rainy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moving gravel is hard work! I'm glad you decided to come inside and get warm when you felt cold. You did well to get the spare room tidied. Sounds like your spring cleaning is coming along very nicely! Rain - wish we could get some, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just took it slowly with the gravel so it wasn't too bad. I was dreading doing it but managed to get about half of it bagged up before I gave up for the day. The spare room was mostly clearing all the stuff I'd dumped in there and then hoovering and dusting. I'd previously cleaned the window and wiped the paintwork so all together, it didn't take too long to do.

      We have rain for the rest of this week but from mentions on other blogs it seems that it's just in this area. I'm not complaining though!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts