A Good Start To The Week

This is the first time I've been able to catch up with myself all day. I overslept, which started the day off with a mad panic (I'm good at those!) as I had an appointment with the optician and I didn't want to have to reschedule. I made it on time ... just, and left with the good news that my right eye is continuing to heal as expected. I'm expecting a hospital appointment for the follow up on my left eye so hopefully that be good news as well.

Then it was over to Bradford on Avon for a few games of Rummikub. We played four games and I won three of them so left feeling quite chuffed with myself! I didn't have to concentrate as much on the new rules this week, so had more time to think about the game play. 

Back home and I loaded the car with rubbish for the skip. This was all things from the house and garage rather than the garden waste. I must have looked pathetic or something because one of the men who works at the skip unloaded and disposed of the entire car load for me. Brilliant service! I'm leaving the garden waste until Wednesday.

Lunch today was a pasta bake - too filling on a hot day like today and left me feeling very lethargic. I'd planned to go to Bath in the afternoon to take some more photos for the SPSH but decided against it and ended up out in the garden instead. I've cleared another big bag of weeds, including some of the thistles and nettles which were much easier to get out than I thought they'd be - I'm going to buy some much thicker gardening gloves before I tackle the rest though! I tidied the rest of the pots, tied up one of the roses, and encouraged the clematis to spread out over its trellis. As I'm making space with all the weeding it's becoming clear that there are way too many crocosmia so will move some to the front garden after they've flowered, along with the hydrangea (currently in a pot but not happy in the back garden, so will see if it feels more at home at the front of the house - it'll have to take a chance on being moved) and will take the heathers from the front garden and move them to the back of the house.

As soon as I finish this post I'll grab my book and a coffee and put my feet up for a while and I may go for a walk along the canal later on if it cools down. Tomorrow is shopping, teaching and a 'bring and share' meal with friends.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a very productive day, getting a lot of things accomplished! Glad you were able to keep your appointment, in the morning! Good to hear that your eye is healing well. I enjoyed reading about your gardening - I, too, need to get out in the garden and do a few things! Hope you have a lovely evening and a good day, tomorrow, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what rummikub is but glad you excelled at it! I too went to the tip at the weekend. I wish one of the attendants had helped me - not because I couldn't carry the stuff but cos I'm never 100% certain I'm dumping the stuff in the right skip. I opted for the scrap metal one in the end... even though the item had bits of plastic on it. There seemed to be lots of similar things already in there, so i chucked and ran!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit like that if left to my own devices! Rummikub is a tile game and is a miixture of mahjong and rummy (the card game).

      Delete
  3. Good news about your eye and fingers crossed for the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does sound like a very good start to the week, especially news about your eyes. I'm with Lady Ella about needing some help at the recycle centre - even though the bins are labelled, I see all kinds of other stuff in the bins. Thankfully I use the centre mostly for yard waste & that one I've figured out. You'll soon be the Rummikub champ & thanks for explaining what the game is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news re your eye. I have never had any help at the dump! They just stand by waiting to tell you off for putting stuff in the wrong area (why not intervene before? Just saying!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cosmos is an annual, so you will need to take seeds to sow, rather than move the plants. The ones you have are probably self-seeded from last year! (Cuppa soon?)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts