Summertime Photo Scavenger Hunt

I'm a bit late with this post as the hunt, organised by Mary-Lou over at Patio Postcards ,  started on June 1st and will run until September 30th. As usual, the hunt is open to everyone so please feel free to join in.

Here's the list:

  1. The Rosiness Of Red
  2. Stripes
  3. A Framed View
  4. Wings
  5. Pedal Power
  6. Glorious Green
  7. An Unexpected Reflection 
  8. A Pile Of
  9. Looks Smaller Than You
  10. A Field of Plenty
  11. Pretty In Pink
  12. Bell(s)
  13. Equal Portions
  14. A Trilogy Of Three
  15. Out Of The Blue 
  16. Something That Could Be From A Favourite Book/Movie
  17. Re-purposed
  18. Currency; Coinage or Paper (the odd, the different, the beautiful)
  19. Picture Postcard Perfect
  20. Mellow Yellow
Alternate A: a shopping bag (not the store's plastic)

Alternate B: a coupon to use

I started my search for photos today. I went to Avebury and Silbury Hill, and whilst I didn't manage to get the photo I'd gone for, I did take four other possibles.

No 2 | stripes. This was a lucky find - I parked in a lay-by to the side of the Beckhampton roundabout and just glanced to my left!




No 3 | a framed view. I took quite a lot for this particular prompt but didn't really like them when I viewed them on the laptop. This is the best so far ...



and finally (for now!) No 6 | Glorious Green - a view of Silbury Hill followed by a closer shot of the long grass. 




Comments

  1. Excellent finds Eileen. I like your framed view. We are thinking in the same manner for stripes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike, although mine was a bit of a fluke!

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos Eileen. Stripes was serendipity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole. Yes, I was lucky with the stripes but will still try to find the thing I'd originally planned. Have you started the hunt yet?

      Delete
  4. Great photos as always, especially the first two. Pleased to see you have been back online a bit and are getting out and about. Hope that an end to the playing embargo may be on the horizon too. I was wondering about you but am having technological issues of my own at present - all a bit overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ella. I've actually started playing again but am still avoiding the higher range for now and only playing for a few minutes at a time. I didn't realise how much I'd missed it so will try to play with the band on Saturday.

      Good luck with the techno issues and hope you soon get it sorted. I'll try to sort out an email next week.

      Delete
  5. I like that list and the photos you took! I am not a photographer (just have my cell phone camera), but, seeing your photos make me wish I could take better pictures! Looking forward to seeing all the photos you come up with for the scavenger hunt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why don't you join us? You don't have to be a photographer to join in, cell phone photos are perfectly acceptable. There's no right or wrong answer to how you interpret the prompts on the list and that's all part of the fun. If you want to take all the photos around your home and garden, that's fine as well. Have a think about it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts