Wednesday


It's another quiet day at home with absolutely nothing planned. It's still very hot out there but there is a lovely refreshing breeze, so my wishes have been answered.

I (intentionally) slept in late, had a long cool shower and then ate my breakfast out on the patio, which is still in the shade as the sun doesn't get to the back of the house until late morning. I've tidied the kitchen and decided on my meals for the day (nothing requiring slaving over a hot stove!) and have chosen a new book to start reading later on. Apart from that, all I've done is book a couple of tickets for things I want to do. The first is a trip to the local ODEON on July 5th to see the musical, 'Everybody's Talking About Jamie', which is being broadcast live from the Apollo Theatre in London. My second treat is on August 4th when I'll be going on the Chained Library tour at Wells Cathedral, something I've been wanting to do for years but have never got round to organising before.

I'm going to settle down with a coffee now and catch up with emails, and then this afternoon will start on my new book. This evening I'll, maybe, manage a bit of weeding in the garden once the heat has gone out of the day but will definitely give everything a good watering.

The photo was taken a couple of weeks ago in the early evening light.

Comments

  1. Your garden looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your day sounds like a very pleasant one ... that heat wave is coming our way for the weekend - what better way to celebrate Canada Day on Sunday. The light in your photo has such a soft quality about it - perfect on your planting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a very lovely day planned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got the cooling breeze you were wishing for! Sounds like you've planned a nice, relaxing day! Hope you manage to keep cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Eileen, how are you?
    A very nice day and your plans with great choices!
    The flowers are beautiful.
    Hugs.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts