Making Changes Part 2

.... carrying on from yesterday's post ....

I am making a real effort to eat healthily and to encourage some much needed weight loss. I'm sticking to my tried and tested method, which is basically calorie counting using the My Fitness Pal app. I lost three stone when I stuck to this approach properly so can't see any reason why it won't work well this time - I've lost two pounds this week, so a promising start. To back up this approach I've filled the freezer with home cooked portion controlled meals so that I won't be so tempted to give in and opt for takeaways. I'm not following any particular diet plan but will have sensible sized portions of whatever I fancy, but making sure that the calorie heavy ones are the occasional treat and not the norm. Nothing is off limits (except the foods I know I'm allergic to!) and it's just a case of making sensible choices. I have reduced the amount of red meat I eat, opt for fish regularly, and have three or four vegetarian days every week.

The garden is a mess and is getting me down so I'm setting myself a little challenge to try to get on top of it. I planted roses, clematis, crocosmia, and the crab apple tree last year and they are all looking very healthy but I can't really appreciate them because of all the weeds. All this rain we've had has been lovely for the garden but the weeds have interpreted it as a invite to grow ... and grow ... and grow. I can't really do that much (because of the problems with my eyes) but I should be able to cope with weeding/tidying/clearing the pots and work my way through the weeding in the small triangular beds that run along two sides of the garden. I'm hoping to get all this done by the end of June, weather permitting. The front garden and the bigger patch behind the garage is heavier work so will have to wait for now, although I may ask family/friends if they can help out. 

I still have a few things to organise to get the house ready for the workmen in September, which seems ages away but will be here before I know it! I have to decide what I want to do with the Olympus system (film) cameras we used prior to digital and either sell them or find a home for them. I still have to clear out the remainder of the teaching resources, have a few bits of furniture to sell and need to pack away the ornaments and pictures in the rooms where the work will be done. 

Part 3 tomorrow!

Comments

  1. I know from my own experience that the better the food you eat, the better you feel and portion control is the biggest factor. Two lbs is a great loss in a week so congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, need to start losing some weight. I was obese, then, lost almost 40 lbs. when undergoing chemo, but have gained some of it back now that my appetite and taste buds have returned! I need to lose what I've gained for health reasons, per my doctor. Calorie counting and portion control is the way to go, but I also need to incorporate more veggies and cut down on the sugar!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts