A Return to Hogwarts

Yesterday was a strange sort of day. I didn't feel well so kept going back to bed to sleep and in between printed out all the choir songs, commented on some blogs, and did a very tiny bit of the very hard jigsaw puzzle. I joined the choir practice but didn't feel up to singing, so just listened.

The good news is that I feel much better today but realise that I am clearly not right so need to take care of myself! There's nothing that must be done so it's going to be a different sort of week. This morning I have a couple of admin bits to sort out, which shouldn't take too long to do. I'll 'travel' to India for lunch, my main meal today, when I'll be having homemade chicken curry, rice, onion bhaji and chana masala - then this afternoon and evening you will find me at Hogwarts as I'm starting a re-read of the Harry Potter books. I'll let Stephen Fry read the first three books to me but I only have those three as audiobooks so will be hunting out my copies of the actual books to finish the series. That's the next couple of weeks taken care of!

Today's list of things to do:
  • physical: nothing planned, I'm still feeling rather fragile!
  • in the fresh air: it's too cold to work in the garden and as I'm self isolating and not supposed to leave the house, I can't go for a walk
  • around the house: a couple of admin tasks
  • social: phone calls to a couple of friends
  • fun: a return to Hogwarts 😁

Comments

  1. A trip to Hogwarts sounds great fun. I visited a short time ago and I can say it's still a great place.
    'm sorry you are feeling rough. Is it partly stress, do you think?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it probably is stress related. I haven't been out so can't have caught any nasties from anyone but somehow have a sore throat and earache.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling too well. Hopefully, it is just a matter of "feeling under the weather". Maybe stress, too? I'm glad you'll be going to India for lunch and then to Hogwarts! Take it easy and take care of yourself. Hope you feel better, soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nothing serious, just earache and a sore throat. I'm going to have a pamper week at Hogwarts, a sure way to feel better.

      Delete
  3. Eileen I do hope you are feeling better soon. Lunch sounds delicious I hope you enjoyed it. I revisited Harry a couple of years ago and I so enjoyed going back and reading them. It brought back lovely memories of my daughter reading them. Take care of yourself.

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've watched the films every time they're on TV but felt it was time to read the books again. The films miss out so much of the detail.

      I'll be back to my normal self after a few days if taking it easy. Thanks

      Delete
  4. It's also time I should return to Hogwarts. I've read the first three or four a few times, but the later ones only once. I much prefer the books to the films.

    I hope having a quiet day today will recharge your batteries and make you feel better. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. I agree that the books are much better than the films and I'm looking forward to getting lost in the wizarding world once again.

      Delete
  5. Oh yes our travel for the next while will be virtual or with the aid of books, imaginary. I've done some of my best trips this way (lol). I do hope that illness travels quickly on & does not take up any luggage space. I'm off on another trip to the Vatican, this time via Angels & Demons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your trip to the Vatican. Have you watched the film of the book?

      Delete
  6. Fresh air, yes! Even when it's chilly out I've been opening the patio door and a window to try to get some circulation of fresh air through the house. I feel like I'm doing something good at any rate lol

    I like Indian food but have never made it at home. That's a thing that'd be fun for me to learn. Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The curries are much easier to make than you'd think. I'm sure you won't regret having a go!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts