Seven Years Later

Today marks the end of seven years since Ced passed away. Some days I still can't believe he's gone but looking back, those seven years have passed in the blink of an eye even if it didn't feel like it at the time. My life is completely different now; I'm retired, have new friends and interests and a new home but, ... I'd give it all up to be with him again.

***************

Looking at today, I'm meeting J for coffee this afternoon but have nothing else arranged. If I can summon up the energy I will take the last load to the recycling yard this morning and that will clear a bit more space in the dining room. Then it's a case of carrying on with photographing the remainder of the items I want to sell. If I can finish all the photos today I have the rest of the week to place the adverts. 

Yesterday at the mahjong group I actually managed to win a game against two experienced players. It was the first time I've played a game with three players which adds a level of difficulty to the game and I wasn't doing too well to start with but then I managed to win with a high scoring hand which surprised all three of us to be honest. I've been declared a 'force to be reckoned with' on the basis of that win and next time will play against three others, which I assume increases the complexity of the game again! We had chocolate biscuits at the break, so with the cake at choir and chocolate biscuits at mahjong, my healthy eating has taken a bit of a battering. I obviously eat these goodies for good manners as it'd be rude to say no. It has absolutely nothing to do with not having any willpower! 

Comments

  1. Sending you lots of warm thoughts today. It is amazing how fast or slow time can appear to move when we are living through major life events.

    Well done with mahjong. I agree good manners to yes to someone's treats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much love to you and many hugs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nearly two years alone here, time goes quickly and slowly sometimes but always lonely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you all good wishes today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart goes out to you as you reflect on these past years.

    Congrats on your win! You must have a knack for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eileen,
    So sad is the death of your husband. I'm so sorry. As time passed ... Life changes a lot and you have to adjust to a new life.
    Congratulations on winning the Majong game. Was good!
    I wish you a good week.
    Hugs,
    Ailim

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know exactly what you mean. Do hope the day passed well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time passes bus nothing changes when there is such a loss. Ced would be proud of the way you have pieced your life together and it's good that you celebrate his life rather than mourn the passing. I've not heard of group Majong games, that sounds fun. I've only ever played it on the computer but enjoy the game.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts