Handwriting, Photos, and a Quiet Night In

Yesterday I met with C to go through the band's records. I limited my time to one hour and spent that hour going through what needs to be done to get the accounts ready for the end of the financial year and drawing up a to-do list for C. We've left it that I will go round again once the year end figures are ready and show how to write the financial report for the AGM (in July) and how to project the figures forward for the band's key expenses. Then it'll all be done and I can walk away from it.

I went shopping afterwards. I bought some goodies for the Rucksack Project donation and then wandered around Matalan ... somehow I ended up buying a skirt and blouse, but they are pretty and fit into my mix and match ideas for a capsule wardrobe. This was more luck than judgement as I didn't give any thought about putting them together with the clothes in my wardrobe to create additional outfits, but it will be possible.

Teaching was an effort as there hadn't been any practice at all, so both girls struggled as a result. Maybe another reason to stop? Choir practice raised my spirits again though. I think it was the singing but it may have been the cupcakes in honour of the choir's third birthday!

This morning it's the first of the talks at the Wiltshire Records Office, all about deciphering 16th and 17th century handwriting. I'm looking forward to it as, not only does the subject interests me, but it's likely to be of use when researching my family tree.

I'll take my camera with me and try for some street photography images when the talk is finished. I have all afternoon until teaching at 4:45 pm so will start in Chippenham (where the records office is) and work my way back to home, via Lacock which is bound to be busy as there's always plenty of tourists regardless of the weather.

Tonight will be a quiet night in. I want to catch up on some reading. I've been mostly reading articles, short stories and extracts lately but I want to stick my head back in a novel and disappear to another world for a time ... I've missed it!

Comments

  1. Nothing to beat getting stuck in a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That band stuff is still keeping you busy, isn't it? At least you only have the last bit to do in July and then, you'll be done!

    New clothes are always nice! I'm glad you found something you liked and it's an added bonus that the items can be mixed and matched with what you have.

    Yes, students who don't do their part and practice will be one more thing to take into consideration when deciding if you want to continue teaching. Of course, there are students such as myself who do practice and still fumble when it is time to play! :p I'm glad that you enjoyed the choir practice (not to mention the cupcakes!)

    Sounds like you have a good day planned. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The end of April should be the last time for the finance. The AGM report doesn't take long to do and once that's done, I bam drawing the line.

      I've just ordered some t-shirts online. I want to update my wardrobe to match the lifestyle changes I've been making so I have a need for some more casual outfits.

      It's usually easy to tell whether there has been some practice even if mistakes are still being made. It can take ages to learn a new technique so I don't expect perfection each time, merely an indication that they are trying.

      It was chocolate cupcakes!

      Delete
  3. I am glad you have a plan in place to wrap up the band accounting. Oh what good luck to find an outfit you like & goes with other things in the wardrobe. I really must get out there to have a look in the shops, all the spring arrivals are in the window displays; I'm seeing lemon yellow as a colour of spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It matches other clothes because it is a cream blouse. If I'd bought the green blouse instead, I wouldn't have anything else to match it! I've ordered some more stuff online so am hoping it all fits.

      Delete
  4. Being stuck into a good book is a hugely important part of life, I think. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'm hoping my sister had some more books for me. If not, I will have to visit the library.

      Delete
  5. i also like to mix and match, so I pay attention to that when I buy clothes. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the paying attention but I need to learn how to do 😂

      Delete
  6. You can't beat time in and getting lost in a good book :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts