A Lazy Morning and a Photo Filled Afternoon

The kerbside collection days have been changed and I realised too late last night that I hadn't put the blue wheelie bin out so had to be up early to sort that out before 7 am. The bin is full so I couldn't leave it until next time as the collections are only once a fortnight. It's entirely my own fault but this start to the day put me out for the rest of the morning which means the photos didn't get edited until much later, after lunch, and the start of the morning was wasted doing nothing. Apart from reading a couple of blogs and eating some breakfast I honestly couldn't tell you what I did between 7 am and 11 am. G turned up to cut my hair and chatting with her helped me get my act together. She's just taught herself to crochet using YouTube videos and has inspired me to have another try.

This meant that after lunch I had to get on and edit the photos ready for tomorrow. The theme for this month is street photography including architecture, but the rules are that if you don't like the theme they don't mind if you choose some of your other photos instead. Well I don't like street photography at all so I cobbled together a selection of photos featuring buildings with only a couple including images of strangers. You're allowed to show a maximum of twelve photos so I opted for eight - half of the session is set aside for someone to show photos of their trip to Africa so we'll be pushed for time to see everyone's efforts. Here are some of the ones I've chosen to show tomorrow ...


St Margaret's Steps, Bradford on Avon

Looking through to the new precinct, Bradford on Avon

Old mill buildings, Bradford on Avon

The cruck frame house, Lacock

The Lacock Bakery

I ordered a DVD of the film, Once, and that arrived this morning. This is the film that the stage musical I saw last week is based on. I may watch that tonight but first I need to go out for a walk. I'll either head over to the marina or walk over to the school and back, both options have good street lighting ... and make a note not to leave it so late next time!

Tomorrow it's housework in the morning and the U3A photography group in the afternoon. 

Comments

  1. I love the ones I can see but the third and fourth ones aren't showing for me, oddly. I think I like the steps best - going upward into the light.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've reloaded them so hopefully you can see them all now.

      Delete
    2. I vote for the steps too! (And I can't see 3 or 4 either.) :o(

      Delete
    3. I'll include them in my next post.

      I like the steps too 😂

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos, Eileen. The first one is absolutely beautiful.
    I also can't see 3rd and 4th photos. I even clicked on them, but nothing.

    I'd love to visit that bakery! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. I'll load the missing photos in tomorrow's post.

      The bakery is amazing, especially the cakes!

      Delete
  3. Like the others, I, too, couldn't see photo #3 and #4. Looking forward to seeing them in your next post. I, too, like the stairs, but am glad I don't have to climb them! LOL! Sorry that forgetting to put out the bin for collection put you out for the rest of the morning, but, glad that chatting with G helped. Good luck with learning to crochet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always avoid climbing those steps ... they are very steep and are slippery when wet. That was my most popular photo today.

      I don't know what was getting me down yesterday, maybe just overtired so the early start to put the bin out was the final straw! I'm alright now though. I'll need all the luck I can get to get the crocheting sorted!!

      Delete
  4. Oh St Margaret's Step. A fabulous photo. I am not keen on taking photos of people I don't know, I think it is invasive of their space. A couple of my crocheting friends use uTube to up their skills, so I'm hopeful that maybe this is the way for me to learn the basics, one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I avoid including strangers in my photos if I can possibly avoid it.

      YouTube is hopefully going to provide all the help I need. Well, I will have to provide the coffee and biscuits but YouTube will have all the instructions.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad the conditions were flexible enough to allow you to offer the photo subject you preferred. I love your perspective in the stairs photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be a very easy going group so, now I've shown my first lot of photos, I won't feel so stressed in the future.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts