Weekly Reflections

It's been another good week with plenty of reasons to be cheerful ...

1. Playing mahjong and actually winning a game!


2. A totally amazing trip to the theatre to see the musical, Once.


3. Planning more things to look forward to this year. In particular, discovering that the local coach company has added some different day trips to London. These will drop off in Covent Garden and delay pick up time until 6:30 pm, which means there is enough time to see a matinee show. There are three trips so far so I now need to see if I can get tickets for shows on those dates.


4. Time spent with Lauren. I don't get to see her as often as I'd like so I treasure every minute we spend together.

5. Enjoying a screening of two ballets, Dances at a Gathering and The Cellist. 

6. That after only 11 days of daily walking I am starting to notice a difference. It's still very early days but little by little movement feels easier and, although it is still painful, my knee hasn't got any worse.


... and plenty to be grateful for ...

1. The support of family and friends (online friends included) which helped me through an emotionally difficult week.

2. Access to books, films, music etc. via the library system with the added support of a qualified librarian.

3. Some improvement in the weather with a couple of sunny periods thrown in the mix of seasonal offerings. 

4. Helpful staff in shops, theatres, and at the recycling yard. I know they are 'only doing their job', but it all contributes to making my life easier for which I am grateful.

Comments

  1. Another great list of things to be cheerful and grateful. Well done on all the walking, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The walking is getting easier but it hasn't reached the 'habit' stage yet. I still have to push myself to do it every day.

      Delete
  2. These are lovely. They cheer me up no end, thanks, Eileen. I'm really glad the walking is working out for you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. We're moving towards the better weather so hopefully I will be able to keep up with the daily walks.

      Delete
  3. You are so busy, with so many outside activities! I'm excited for you that you've found ones that work well for you :) I need to get out walking now that the weather is better for it. You can't beat a good library, and it sounds like yours offers every service :) Nice! It does make a difference when people go about their business in a pleasant way. A smile is cheering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never feel that life is busy as I still spend almost two-thirds of my waking hours on my own doing very little.

      Our local library is excellent and I keep telling myself I must use it more often, just to help keep their numbers up. Yes, a smile is cheering and goes a long way to lifting the spirits.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts