Reasons To Be Cheerful This Week

I've decided to look at my reasons to be cheerful once a week rather than monthly. Looking back over the week I'm pleased to see so many reasons and am aware that my outlook on life is slowly changing for the better.

1. The brilliant news that L and P have decided to live in England after years of living abroad so now we'll be able to meet up more frequently. 

2. An invitation to spent Easter with friends. I've already made others arrangements so cannot take them up on their kind offer, but it cheered me up to know they'd thought of me.

3. Learning to play mahjong! I enjoy the game itself but am also heartened by the way I was welcomed into the group. There wasn't a session this week but I have spent some time investigating some of the higher scoring hands. Competitive? Moi?

4. A Friday afternoon treat with J and L. I've written about it here.

5. Resuming a daily walk. I haven't been doing it for long enough to really feel the benefits I know will come, but I am chuffed that I have stuck to my word and walked every day, even though my knees are protesting ... and it's been raining ... and it's cold ... and ...

6. Bumping into an ex work colleague and spending the afternoon chatting and catching up with all the news. She now lives in Leeds and was just back in the area for the week so meeting her was a lovely happy accident. 

7. Finally selling some of the audio and video equipment. It's not to do with the amount of money but more to do with the fact that I was able to let these items go. Ced used them all the time and these are some of the things closely associated with him in my memories, so it's been a huge step to finally reach this stage. I'll always have my memories and know I don't need the items but sometimes it's so difficult to let go!

8. Choir practice was a good laugh. It always is but, setting the social aspect to one side, it's the benefits from the physical act of singing and the way it stays with me for days afterwards and lifts my mood.

Comments

  1. I cant find a button to subscribe to your posts...so I can follow it and get notifications via email that you have posted. How does everyone else know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how everyone knows I've posted a on my blog. There's a subscribe post atom at the bottom of the screen when viewed in the web version or you can see when I've updated by using the reading list on Blogger.

      Delete
    2. I use the reading list on Blogger. Hope that helps.

      Delete
  2. Lovely happy things . Hope next week is just as good or even better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. Next week is looking very promising.

      Delete
  3. Eight good reasons to be thankful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a good week and I am thankful for that.

      Delete
  4. Those are all wonderful reasons to be cheerful! I like the idea of a weekly review. There is more immediate positive reinforcement. I hope next week will be filled with many reasons to be cheerful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my reason for changing to weekly. I'm in need of some immediate support at the moment, the reason for this will be clear on Wednesday ... nothing to worry about.

      Delete
  5. Great list of things to be cheerful for!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts