Cleaning, A Visitor and Singing

Monday morning was tied up with admin and housework. There was quite a lot of paperwork to deal with as the renewals for the next financial year are starting to arrive but it's all done for now so I won't need to look at it again until the end of the month. As for the housework side of things, I tidied the kitchen and sorted/reorganised the remaining items to be sold. These are piled up in the dining room, which is the room I'm concentrating on this week.

After lunch I went for my daily walk and then wasted time on social media playing some online games until the first lesson at 3:30 pm. That lesson had just finished when I opened the door to a surprise visit from Lauren ... her timing was perfect as I had a 50 minute gap between lessons which coincidentally was when she needed to leave to walk across to the dental surgery for her appointment. We've arranged to do some photos on Saturday afternoon and then have a meal at mine in the evening. 

I enjoyed the choir practice, working on Brave, Hushabye Mountain, and Let The River Run. M, the choir director, also has her own bakery so last night we were treated to a selection of cakes which were left over from a wedding fayre she attended the day before. Next week the choir will be three years old so we've been promised cakes again in celebration. It's definitely my sort of choir!

Today it's mahjong this morning and I have one lesson to do this afternoon. In between times I want to start photographing the items for sale, do my daily walk, and hopefully get to the library.

Comments

  1. It sounds like a busy and purposeful day - have a great time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half way through and it's going well so far ...I actually won one of the mahjong games this morning against an experienced player 😊

      Delete
    2. Well done! That must have felt great!
      xx

      Delete
    3. Yes, it did 😁😁😁

      Delete
  2. Busy day, reminds me I should do some cleaning,too! Have a lovely day☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalia, hope you have s great day too x

      Delete
  3. What a great balance yesterday of tasks & fun was & looks like the same for today. Thanks to Google's auto correct my comment yesterday should have said, I hope that you knees don't shout at you. Curious, have you had your doctor check your gait, the way your feet "fall" when walking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today it seems more likely that the arthritis has got worse. My walk etc was checked some time ago so it's unlikely to be that but thanks for suggesting it. I'm going to wear trousers when I walk today, rather than the skirt or dresses I usually wear, to see if that extra bit of warmth makes a difference.

      Delete
  4. Surprise visits like that can be such a treat :) Choir cake is a practice I'd fully support lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to see her and catch up on all her news. Choir cake comes under the heading of 'essential'!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you had a good day, yesterday, with a visit from your friend and cake at choir practice! Congratulations on winning a game at mah jong, today! Hope your afternoon is going well and you have a lovely rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just finished teaching and have settled down for the evening ... reading and Netflix film are planned for tonight.

      It's been a good week so far with a couple of special treats to look forward to later in the week.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts