Monday

the first of the mini tulips (only 5 inches tall) is starting to open but sadly, most of them have been battered by the winds and are looking very sorry for themselves!
 

Well, if the forecast is correct, today should be a lovely sunny day ... not too warm, but we can't have everything! I'm going out for a walk later this morning if that proves to be correct. I don't think I'll be able to walk too far but I do want to walk a different route and see new-to-me sights. I feel an urge for new experiences this time every year and as I write this I have no idea where I'll walk ... that's part of the fun!

This afternoon it's the canasta group meeting. We were starting at 1pm during the winter months as some of the group members didn't like driving home in the dark but now that the clocks have changed we're reverting back to a 2 pm start, which I much prefer as it means I'll be able to eat my main meal before I go out instead of just having a snack. Hopefully, the one member that I haven't met yet will be there today and from what the others have said she sounds lovely. It really is a great group of people and I feel lucky to have met them and been accepted into the group.

My mini project for the next week is to carry on sorting out the stuff that I moved from the music room to the playroom. The music room is now clear so I don't have anything else to do in there but the boxes have just been dumped in the playroom upstairs so that room now needs to be organised. I'm not sure how I will achieve it but I'd like to create enough space to keep one of the tables free to photograph all the items and then have my laptop set up on the other table to place the adverts straight away. That's achievable, but the issue is where to stack the boxes ... some of them may have to go in the spare bedroom so that I'm left with enough space to work in as it's a bit of a squeeze at the moment. 

Comments

  1. Taking a walk somewhere new will be good. I did much the same yesterday and saw a lovely garden display of tulips and daffodils and intend to return today and take a photograph. Your canasta meeting sound so much fun, have a great time today. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reaching the point where I know all the local walks so will need to drive to find new options .... maybe I'll do that, at least until the towpath dries out and I can resume my canal walks.

      The canasta was fun, although quite a few couldn't make it yesterday because of Covid. Will we get to see your photo of the tulips and daffodils? I hope so xx

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a lovely rhythm to your day, a little social, a little home keeping & a little fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting the hang of achieving a good balance to the day's activities at long last! xx

      Delete
  3. The color of the tulips are lovely. Too bad the wind battered them.

    I hope the day worked out as planned and you enjoyed both your walk and the canasta group. I'm glad the start time was moved back to 2:00 p.m. and you are now able to have your main meal before you need to leave the house. I know you mentioned the problem you were having with fitting in that meal in an earlier post.

    Hope you are able to figure out what to do with the boxes that are now in the playroom. Moving some of them to the spare bedroom might be an option I tend to do the same with my boxes of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're very pretty but look a bit too shabby now to photograph. Never mind, there's always next year!

      It's didn't quite work out as planned as I had to go back to bed to prevent a migraine developing so I was playing catch up for the rest of the day. The delayed start to canasta worked well for midday meal but it also meant I was late getting home so the final meal of the day was later than I liked. I'll have to work out what I want to do ready for next time.

      I didn't do much on the boxes yesterday so haven't come up with a solution yet. It'll probably be the spare bedroom option though. xx

      Delete
  4. I do hope you get your different-places-walk. It was a lovely day here too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did thanks Joy. It was still a bit chilly but lovely blue skies and the special 'spring' feeling in the air ... wonderful! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts