Tuesday

spirea
 

It looks like it was a sunny day in the photo but the reality was a rainy day and it's supposed to be more of the same today. 

I want to devote some time this morning to clearing a couple more tasks from my list so today I'm focusing on my bedroom. Actually this is the one task which could take a while to complete as I want to sort through all my clothes. I know I have a lot of items that I never wear so they can be sent to the charity shop to clear  some much need space in my wardrobe and cupboard. Once that's done I can work out what else I need to buy to create a mix of outfits suitable for my current lifestyle. I also want to see what's lurking in the bedside cabinets ... I rarely use any of the items in them so it's likely that a lot can go to charity as well. 

It's the U3A monthly meeting this afternoon and it's a talk on the glove industry in this area, which should be interesting. It's also the book group's turn to organise the refreshments so I will be on washing up duties! 

Comments

  1. It was a dreadful day yesterday barely stopped raining and cold so I put the heating on. I hope you have a good day sorting your clothes and your bedside cabinets and have an enjoyable afternoon even if it does involve washing up xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The drawers next to my bed are crammed full of stuff, I really must sort them out. I confess, I do hoard things, I need to change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope today won't be quite as rainy and you will have some sunshine. Sounds like you'll be busy between sorting out your bedroom and the U3A monthly meeting. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The spirea looks quite happy in the pot. Should be like a magical mystery tour of the night stands ... oh what treasures could be found (or not). I imagine there's a lot of interesting things about a glove industry thriving in the region. I remember my Gran always wore gloves when she went out; hat, purse & gloves standard fare for Gran's outings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We sorted out our bedside cabinets a year ago, there were all sorts of weird and wonderful things in the drawers. Now they are done we keep one draw to put our clothes in that we are wearing/going to wear rather than have then over the back of the chaise. This has worked for us and the bedroom looks far better. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some clothes are easy but it takes ages to try all the other stuff on before making any decisions.
    Hope the meeting goes well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss you, most days i only read 2 or 3 blogs, yours one of them. Maybe you are still cleaning out that closet, or better yet, running charities. (I did not know U3A, i googled it) See you here again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missing your posts, hope you are well. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope everything is OK, not heard from you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our bedroom closet clearing is the most difficult for me. I tend to hang onto clothes for far too long. It is just that everything is still suitable for hanging out around the house. And the nightstand on hubby's side of the bed is prime location for stuff that has been forgotten, so I recently cleared it out, and then refilled it with stuff that will soon be forgotten too. Apparently I have lost all my de-cluttering skills, so I wish you better luck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts