Weekly Reflections

the next tub of tulips is almost ready to flower
 

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • phoning, texting and emailing with family and friends
  • finding a Ward Lock illustrated guide book for this area ... I've wanted one for ages!
  • enjoying my piano lesson and learning through playing the sorts of music I like
  • meeting L for an excellent lunch at The Westbrook
  • finally getting round to sorting out a few more niggles around the home ... the bread maker now fits in a cupboard so I've regained some much needed worktop space, the plug in the en-suite sink is no longer jammed, and all the piles of papers and projects on the playroom tables have been tidied and put away properly
  • starting to refill the freezer with home cooked meals ... so far I have chicken curry, pork chops in mushroom sauce, chicken soup, chilli, spicy chicken drumsticks, and gammon and chicken now sliced ready for sandwiches
  • catching up with Joy
  • clearing out the music room
  • enjoying the colours in the garden and the new growth as the plants are waking up from their winter sleep
  • receiving a lovely video of my great nephew, E, playing trumpet in the band at his school concert ... I gave him my trumpet and a selection of music books when he first started and he's done very well. I'm really proud of him because he didn't find it easy at the beginning 

I am grateful ...
  • that I always have choices about what and when I want to eat ... so many people are not that fortunate
  • for supportive friends and family
  • for patches of sunshine to brighten the rainy days

Comments

  1. Another week of many wonderful things to be cheerful and grateful, especially about having choices about what and when to eat! We are truly blessed, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are truly blessed. I was listening to someone talking on the radio about the rising numbers of people living in poverty in the UK and the stats are frightening. I know I'm fortunate but this really opened my eyes. xx

      Delete
  2. I do like tulips and it will be lovely to see yours when they bloom. You have enjoyed another productive and fun week and it's nice that the days are lighter for longer now xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There'll definitely be photos when they bloom! It was a good week and hopefully this week will be just as good for both of us. xx

      Delete
  3. What a lovely week. I so enjoy reading your Sunday blogs - they cheer me up. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. It has been a week full of lovely things and it also cheers me to read that you enjoy these posts. xx

      Delete
  4. Well done to your nephew, sticking with it and practising to master the instrument is to be congratulated. I always enjoyed teaching the music students A level Eng Lit, they had a good attitude to studying and understanding the more difficult, complex texts. He will do well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's done really well and I hope he sticks with it when he goes up to senior school in September. Once the idea of practice and working through the difficult stages clicks I think it benefits them in every aspect of their life. xx

      Delete
  5. Glad you found somewhere to keep your bread maker. Mine lives in a cupboard in the conservatory, it will be out this week to make homemade pizza. I read an article yesterday that said only keep out on your worktops those things that you use daily, this made sense to me, for example toaster, kettle, coffee maker. Although I think this could be different for everyone maybe a juicer or bread maker. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm aiming for, i.e. only the items I use daily left out on the worktop. I think I only need toaster, kettle and microwave. Even the coffee, tea and sugar canisters will eventually live in one of the kitchen cupboards just to make a bit more room ... I have a very small kitchen! xx

      Delete
  6. reason to be cheerful: knowing that many people are happy with the simple things, that really is BIG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the simple things are the things that, on reflection, add up to make a good life. xx

      Delete
  7. Thank you for sharing your gifts this week. It reminds me of how many things I have to be grateful for. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aril. It's a useful exercise for me too as it helps me to focus on all the positives in my life. I think it's too easy to get caught up in everyday life and not take the time to reflect on how fortunate I am. xx

      Delete
  8. Another great week of things to be grateful and cheerful for. I enjoy seeing these. Lovely flowers again. You really are doing great with the flower photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I'm happy to read that you enjoy seeing these posts. And many thanks for your comment on my flower photos ... that means a lot, coming from you xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts