Easter Monday

some of the pots of bulbs ... photographed when it was very windy!
 

Easter Monday is going to be a quiet day in this house. The weather forecast is dire and I'm not expecting any visitors so a day at home pottering around sounds like the order of the day. 

I have a list of all of the things that need doing around the home and also of the simple changes I'd like to make in a few places. None of them will take long to do and today feels like an ideal day to make a start on them. I'll work through one room at a time, and will start in the kitchen where I just need to finish reorganising the cupboards. I've bought some more glass storage jars so I need to do a bit of swapping round to make room on the top shelf for them and then in the dining room where I want to sort through the bookcase and pass on the books that I doubt I'll read. Those two tasks should result in more donations for the charity shop so I'll start another box if I can find one ... probably the hardest task of the day! 

I would like to add one more picture to the picture shelf in the dining room to finish that room off. I've decided to use one of my own photos so I'll make a start on choosing one. I have thousands to look through so it's unlikely that I'll make my choice today but that's okay. I've been meaning to do it for absolutely ages so just to make a start will be a step in the right direction.

Comments

  1. Here's to a successful day of sorting, reorganising and general pottering around xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I've finished off the things I wanted to do today and am now taking a break for lunch before I start looking through my photos. xx

      Delete
  2. Those pots of bulbs in bloom look so pretty!

    Sounds like you are on a mission to get a few things accomplished around the house! Having a list of tasks you want to do is the key, isn't it? Hope you have a very productive day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really cheerful aren't they? They're outside the dining room so I see them every time I sit at the table to eat.

      I'm a 'lists' person! I've finished sorting the kitchen cupboards and the books so am pleased with what I have done today xx

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a really lovely, gentle, satisfying day for you. Enjoy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying myself, thanks Joy. I haven't chosen a photo for the picture shelf yet but have done everything else I wanted to do today so it's all working out well xx

      Delete
  4. Good luck with crossing things off your list today. Yesterday we sorted another box of books, so that is going off to Ziffit today. This Friday I have promised my cousin we will go over and help her sort her books out, she said she has about 8 boxes she wants rid of. So some to Ziffit and the rest to charity. Wish us luck. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen. Good luck with the book sorting ... with eight boxes you'll need it!. I hadn't thought of using Ziffit so thanks for the reminder xx

      Delete
  5. Yellow blooms in those blue pots - stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts