Yoo Hoo ... I'm Back!

pieris
 

This is just a short post to test the waters and see how Blogger is behaving. For those who aren't aware I've been locked out of my blog since my previous post and in that time haven't been able to comment on other blogs either. I have access again but it's not really working as it should ... for example, it took four attempts to upload my photo and although I appear to be able to comment on other blogs, they never get published so I'm not convinced my comments are getting through. I arranged for K to check my laptop and she's done a clean install so I'm as confident as I can be that the problem is not at my end. I'll see how it goes with Blogger but I may move over to WordPress if it doesn't improve.

I doubt that I will be blogging every day, for now at least, so don't worry if you don't see regular posts from me. One thing I have realised is just how much time writing the post, responding to comments, and commenting on other blogs takes up and I want to see how I use that extra time I've very quickly become used to, especially now the warmer weather is with us. 

Many thanks to everyone who contacted me to ask if I was okay. It was nice to be missed but it's even nicer to be back!

Comments

  1. May I be the first to welcome you back Eileen, I missed your posts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There never seems to be any rhyme nor reason for strange happenings on Blogger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can say that again ... it's been driving me nuts! xx

      Delete
  3. Woohoo - so glad you are back. I've missed you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, and a very Happy Birthday to you xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much. xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely to see you back. Glad you are ok. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Glad to see you posting again; you've been missed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to see you back ! I hope the problem with blogger is sorted out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Celie. I've just scheduled a post for tomorrow and it's taken so long due to Blogger playing up that I am seriously tempted to move to WordPress and give up on Blogger all together! xx

      Delete
  7. Nice to read your blog again, as others have said, we have missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Hi Marlene, it took too long to get it sorted so I was getting a bit worried that my blog was gone for good. I'm going to follow your example and get a printed copy of my blog. xx

      Delete
  9. Good to see you back here, you were missed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There could be days of discussion about Blogger & it's oddities which would be closely followed (IMO) the pros & cons of blogging. Welcome back in what ever form your blog takes - you have been missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. I want to keep blogging but need to find a way for it to fit comfortably in my newly busy life without it feeling like a chore and without all the frustration of using a platform like Blogger which seems to have so many unresolved issues. xx

      Delete
  11. yes, blogging everyday would be too much for me too, my aim is every 3 days, which works out to probably twice a week average. Sorry to hear about your problems with blogspot. I know blogspot has it's linmitation, but your problems sound like something else is going on. I found since i have been cleaning my computer, by deleting a lot, emails etc, my on line presence and within my own pc, lots has improved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't feel like too much before this latest issue and I have been writing a daily post for years without any problems, but the problems with Blogger have stressed me out and I need some time to feel at ease with it again. The issue is to do with Blogger not with my laptop. xx

      Delete
  12. So glad to see you back! I hope blogger gets fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are back, although I am still playing catch-up too. I have noticed Google being obstinate about signing in for comments, but luckily no issues on doing blog post yet. (as she knocks on wood.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts