Good Friday

the mill pond at Horningsham
 

The birthday meal was lovely and I think everyone had a good time. There wasn't a lot of choice for me on the menu so I ended up ordering a ploughman's lunch, which was much nicer than I was expecting ... probably the best ploughman's I've had in a long time.

ploughman's lunch ... mixed salad with dressing, butter, cheddar cheese, ham, mustard, celery, pickled onions, apple slices, gherkins, cucumber, grapes, bread, Branston pickle and fruity chutney

That's about all I did yesterday as it took up most of the day. I left home at 11:15am, because one of the group insists on eating early, and then didn't get back until 4:30pm, which was too long really but it was nice to see everyone. 

Today is Good Friday and I am hoping to be out and about. The forecast is good and I want to take some photos, starting with the March of Witness at the Parish Church this morning. I'm taking a picnic with me so can go wherever I fancy after that, which could be anywhere as I haven't made any plans for once. The petrol tank is full, the camera battery is fully charged so I'll go with the flow and see where I end up!

Comments

  1. Your ploughman's lunch looks very tasty. Have a lovely day out and the weather promises to be good for the Easter weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the birthday lunch. Your lunch looks delicious. I like your plans for the day. I hope you have a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really lovely ploughmans. No wonder you enjoyed it so much - it looks great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy exploring day & Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter. Hope you have a lovely weekend. That Ploughman's looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts